.I've started taking over

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Liahona, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Liahona

Liahona Active Member

I got the money to start a new checking account and I did it. I feel like I'm betraying husband, and that is probably how he will see it. Even though if I don't do this he will spend us out of house and home.

We had a fight tonight. A really stupid fight. I can handle the difficult children and easy child, but I can't handle husband. I'm so tired.
  2. kris

kris New Member

you did the right thing. in your heart you know this.

3. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Emilyislost, in my mind your first priority is caring for your very young children. He can participate or you can take precautions that your children will not be without a home.
    He may not like it but that is the way of nature. Mothers protect their young. Everyone else can get in line.
  4. Loris

Loris New Member

You did what you had to do. I'm sorry you had to do it. But you do have to protect you and your children.
  5. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

You had to do it, guilt or not, it had to be done. Better have a little guilt on your hands than no food on the table. If he get's that upset about it then he can do something to change his ways and learn how to participate more responsibly with the finances. If he doesn't, then it's his problem.

Take care of yourself. Hugs.