J Edgar

klmno

This is showing at a theater I like to go to. But I was half asleep and caught a glimpse about the awards and hear that The Artist (I think) and the decedants are also good movies. Clint E. was the director for J. Edgar, though, so it can't be too bad!

witzend

Just finished watching Leo in "Shutter Island". He's a much better actor than I ever thought he'd be. I heard several interviews with the screenplay writer of J. Edgar this week. It sounds interesting. I'll probably never get husband to see it with me though. He's hot to trot for some sci-fi thing.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It explores more of J. Edgars eccentricities and supposed gay lifestyle than it does about the creation of the FBI. He really was an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) to the max kinda guy, but then again the systems he put in place are still in use today. I think it will be an interesting movie,but we've gotten so used to the dollar machine outside the grocery store - we nearly stopped going to the Blockbuster store. Yesterday we decided to go there, and rent three movies. We had stopped because the cost of renting a movie you could get in the box was nearly double or triple. We were delighted to see that the prices have come down a lot, but not so happy that the girl kept using our names. When we asked her why she kept calling us by our names she said it was a new store policy. She mispronounced DF's name badly....as if he were a woman (not something you do to a macho biker guy) and it wasn't because it was spelled wrong....she just couldn't read or something. Then she attempted his last name (Swedish) and we said PLEASE just forget it - we're cool with Maam and Sir. LOL. She really was a nice clerk though. We ended up renting three movies.

klmno

I had thought about going this afternoon because it's showing at a theater around here where you can sit in comfy seats, eat, have a drink , and watch the movie- and it doesn't cost any more (maybe less) then a regular theater. Anyway, I decided not to go. I watched a trailer and decided it would be a good one to rent someday - I only go to the theater for movies I think will be fantastic. I did go there to see The Help, and it was worth it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
We went to Blockbuster to see if they had The Help....I'd really like to see that one. Is it more of a Chick flick or would a man enjoy it too ya think?

klmno

That's hard to say...it's about people who grew up during/right before the 'real' acceptance of blacks/African Americans. Females normally like it, I think, because even if they can't get THAT concept, they get the concept of people being treated less than equal/human. Let's face it, women's rights trailed those of people of color. BUT many men have gotten chuckles out of it, especially if they grew up in that era.