J update #4000

ScentofCedar

Abbey, I am sorry for your pain and frustration, and for how scary all this is.

Here is the thing, though. The po is abiding by the privacy laws because your son is an adult. Abbey, there is nothing you can do about his choices, except to advise him not to do what he is doing.

If he is choosing to go this way Abbey, there is nothing you can do to help him because the drugs won't let you.

J is the one who picked the drugs.

You cannot change that for him.

Can you afford to do a room for him somewhere for a month or two? (I know everyone will say that is a bad idea. But when it is your child out there, you have to do something ~ and bringing them home is usually such a bad idea.) If you cannot, then J will have to accept the consequences of his choice to use again. Not because you are heartless or just wish he would go away, but because as long as the drugs have their hold on him, there literally is nothing you can do that will not enable them to get a deeper hold yet.

If he can stay away from the illegals for awhile, then you can reassess his situation.

Or do you think he is doing all this so you will have to let him come home again?

Barbara

Abbey

Spork Queen
We really can't afford to put him up, and he knows that. Also, I think it's pretty clear to him that he cannot come home for a variety of reasons. Mainly, I don't think his parole officer would let him go. Heck...he is not allowed to go more than 10 miles from where he lives.

Time will tell.

Abbey

Sue C

Abbey, I'm so sorry that J continues with the same old, same old. I will still hold out hope that SOMEDAY he may change.

Love,
Sue

judi

Abbey - I'm so sorry for this episode. Please know that you and husband have done everything possible (and more) for your dear son.

I know (as do you all) that even though we can't live with our kids, we still love them very much and only want their happiness.