J update

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Abbey, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

(I have to sneak this post in as husband is becoming upset at board time. GET OVER IT.)

John called last night to husband's cell. He actually asked to talk to me. We must have talked for an hour. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a normal conversation with him.

He's still unemployed, but is looking for work. He is just picking up odd jobs here and there. He's tested clean for almost 6 months.

I think...fingers tightly crossed...that this last stint was it for him. He says he never wants to go back to prison and that way of life. I guess he found his bottom.

So slowly, ever so slowly, the wall is starting to tear down between us. I hope I'm not opening myself up to being taken again.

Abbey

2. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Well, 6 months is a long time in my book......hope he can find a job, then learn how to cope with money and not go out binging to celebrate!.........

3. judi

judi Active Member

Abbey - I think we always have to focus on the positive of our kids' lives. Good luck.

4. bran155

bran155 Guest

That is great. 6 months clean, that is a real accomplishment, kudo's to him!!! I am glad you were able to engage in a nice conversation with him, you must have been on cloud nine. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and him.

5. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

How wonderful, Abbey. What great news! :bravo:

Suz

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Great news!

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Abbey

Six months is a pretty long time. He's done good. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed that he can continue to do well. And that he grows stronger along the way.

Positive update though. And that's always a good thing.

Hugs

8. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

That is a great thing. 6 months is major. Glad you could have a conversation too. Woohoo.

beth

9. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that J is doing well. 6 months is a long time.
    Fingers crossed that he continues along this path.

Trinity

10. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

Thanks for sharing this, Abbey! It does sound good. "Hope springs in turtles...."

Peace

11. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Thats great news Abbey :) Evenually most of them with a little age on them seem to eventually get it..

Marcie

12. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

That is wonderful news!!

13. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

THAT is so encouraging to tired ears.......thanks.....

14. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Just thinkin', Abbey. How can husband even be aware of how much time you are on the board when he is so busy unpacking all of those boxes and setting up house?

:rofl:

15. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Thanks Witz...yeah ALL those boxes.:sick:

Abbey