jail visit!

witzend

I have to agree with your husband that with the involvement of a minor, rehab is not likely going to be what they are looking at.

goldenguru

Stands ~

I have learn to live by the motto "Hope for the best. Expect the worst". I guess it's a self defense mechanism.

It is hard not to worry. I have to play a game in my mind. When I start down the 'what if' road - I literally close my eyes and envision a huge red STOP sign to try and get the thoughts under my control - instead of being under my thoughts control.

Do what you have to do to divert the worrisome thought life. It helps the feelings not be so difficult to bear.

Star*

call 911........call 911
SUSAN (throwing ticker tape and streamers and confetti)

MARVELOUS JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very proud of your strength, your courage to look him in the eye and then tell him HE has to find his own rehab (BRAVO WARRIOR MOM) and the fact that you took support?

OH all ABSOLUTELY ALL of that post says :

I AM TAKING CARE OF SUSAN - still Mom, but learning to love myself.

BIG hugs, no
Huge hugs

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:
hugs
Star

Not much change in your difficult child but it seems that you have changed. Good for you for how you handled this visit, you done good! :bravo:

Jen

It is so frustrating because we so cannot relate to how can they be this way with the upbringing they have been given. Then you think they should be cut some slack because they have a disease, and we want categorize then in a disability that is not like mentaly challenged, cancer, ms etc.that are acceptable excuses.
Somethme I think it would be the best thing for my son to have happen as a wake up call.
I am sure he will be ok, as we hope our kids that are serving the armed forces.

Jen

I hope so. It is terrifying to me to think that my son will never be like he was. He could be worse! Someone asked me where was he going to go after jail if we didnt let him come home? I dont really know. I just want the best for him and us. Home was always somewhere he could be enabled. It was very hard for everyone. thanks for the encouragement

rejectedmom

It is like watching someone die of a disease you cannot do anything about.

For you as the party watching this is true BUT there is one big difference which adds another level of pain. He has a choice and he could get better if only he would help Himself. I do totally understand your pain. When My son went to prison I had a professional (his therapist) tell me that in her opinion he would not survive that he would kill himself. She was wrong. My son did two years and though he was not breezing through it he did make it. Your son will too.

You are strong and you will find the strength to get you through all this. Come here and post when it gets rough. That is the only thing that got me through many a day when I was feeling totally overwhelmed.

I'm sorry that you are going through all this but I am glad you found this board and all the support and strength it has to offer you. -RM