Jamie interesting call today

DammitJanet

I know I dont post often about calls he goes out on because they are fairly mundane go catch run of dogs and cats or go rescue sick or cruel cases where he has to take the owners to court.

This time he got called to a DOA...apparent suicide. Dog in the house. Ok sounds like a fairly normal call. He has to go out with cops if there is a dog in any houses they have runs on. Well...he gets to the house and all the cops are milling around outside the house. First sign that everything wasnt right. He goes in and looks around. Lady is still on the bed and it is obvious she has been there awhile. She is shiny and skin looks like glazed donuts. Her little dog is sitting on her stomach and wont allow anyone near her...lol. Jamie tries sweet talking the dog but no go. He ended up going out to the truck to get his pole and dragging that dog out to the truck.

That poor woman. All alone in the house except for her dog.

Lothlorien

Aww...poor dog. It was guarding the lady that took care of her. At least they found the dog before it starved (or something else...ick!). I wonder if she thought of that before she took her life.

DammitJanet

If That happened he didnt tell me.

He doesnt tell me all he does. In fact, I didnt even know that this wasnt his first dead body. This was his first that wasnt bagged and tagged already though. Im sure it wont be his last.

What I forgot to put in my recount though was that because she wasnt already in the body bag, Jamie thought she must have been someone else when he first walked in and started to talk to her! Then he realized after a second...lol. Lighting was very dim and all.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Seeing something like that or hearing about it should make us all be thankful for each other and the support we get here.

I can't imagine what is going through that poor little dogs head. To have had to watch it all and then be waiting for her. Poor thing.

Just sad. :(

DammitJanet

Yeah...poor lil dog. It wouldnt let anyone near the body at all. Normally Jamie has quite the way with animals and can get them to calm down to let him pick them up so he doesnt have to use the pole. Of course, there are many times he does have to for his own safety. This time even with his gloves and the size of the dog, it just wasnt possible to get near it.

Jamie really does have a good job but days like this are hard.