Janet and others (military support-new direct way)

Tiapet

Old Hand
I came across this and I thought with thousands of members on this board what great support we could give if each of us just did this once (heck I bet we all have family, friends, etc - not to mention extra email address') the troops would get a boat load of donations sent to them.

You to to HBO's site link below for the series "Generation Kill" (Janet I know you are familiar with the series) and it tells you exactly what to do and what it's about. Once you click on submit it is going to open a new window and request your first and last name, city and state and an email address (that's it- so they can name who gave the donation), then there will be an arrow with a drop down box with a list of products (much more then the few they show you on the first page). You pick the product you want to donate and then the final is submit (you do NOT have to click on subscribe to the newsletter for HBO because it does not effect them donating the products).

I hope everyone participates in this and passes the link along to everyone they can!

http://www.hbo.com/generationkill/

DammitJanet

Wow...cool! I am waiting for that series to come out to buy because I dont get HBO. I will go donate now under all my various email addys.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Just want to bump this up for the weekend crowd that might not be able to visit during the week do to very busy work schedules. :) Hope no one minds.

DammitJanet

Ok....maybe I am stupid...but I cant find where to donate! Do you have to let the entire thing load or is it one of those words on the top....because the only words I can get to click on are community, newsletter and downloads...and those dont seem to be it.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Janet, click on "support the troops" on that main page. Then it will take you to the next page. It will explain things and at the bottom is another button that says "donate now". You will see across the bottom of that page you are currently on (donate now page) "wish list" which only shows pictures of a few products. Don't get distracted by those products, they are only ideas. Once you click on the "donate NOW" button is where it really is. :)

I hope that helps!