Janet....any word

DammitJanet

Not yet. They go tomorrow to see their lawyer and turn in all their pictures and any other evidence they can find. They have all rent receipts, receipts for carpets, a few other receipts and I am going to print up a letter about us furnishing plywood and 2x4s plus labor and tools. I could probably go get a receipt from Lowes for a door knob I gave him.

Here is a photobucket of some of the pics he is taking to court tomorrow!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n156/jscl117/Corys%20trailer/?albumview=grid

Its in album format so I didnt have to send a bunch individually....lol. That would be an overload. He gave me 72 pics to print out for him!!!

witzend

That place doesn't look fit for human habitation! I hope that they won't condemn it out from under him, that would hoover!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Janet, I'm not even trained and I can see so many building violations there it's just not funny!! The mold alone!! OMG

I have a feeling ol' dingbat slumlord is gonna regret tangling with you guys. :D

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope that things go your way, rather Cory's way!

He has done a LOT of work. If he has to move he should sue the landlord for the cost of labor and materials.

Fingers crossed and will do a nekkid chicken liver dance while you are in court!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Holy cow! You said it was bad when he got the place but I guess I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Hopefully if a building inspector is sent out after court, Cory has done enough to be able to stay there. Otherwise, if the judge has a brain in his head, I think this landlord is going to get chewed.

DammitJanet

Those are the after pics! We dont have before pics. That is the condition in which my poor son has to live. Of course, he did pull back the rugs to show the bad parts. You can clearly see how the doors dont fit and the air just comes clear through. In the winter he tacked quilts over the doors.

However, it was much much worse before. There were literally no floors. It had been flooded out and was a soggy mushy mess.

DammitJanet

I know..I am utterly ashamed that he has had to live that way. But really, if you think about it, notice in those pictures that you dont see any trash on the floors or clothing strewn all over or dishes or beer cans. Even in the yard photos....did I put them up? His place is kept up as well as they can. Yes they dry their clothes on the fence but they arent allowed to have a clothesline. They have done their utmost best. They have paid rent on this trash heap every month on time. They have held that rickety set of steps so I could get in and out of the trailer.

He has tried so darn hard and been so darn proud of himself for trying! Im proud of him for trying. He has only wanted to make things better for everyone. Im feeling very sad today.

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Heavens!!! I am sorry that he cannot afford better. I am so PROUD that he managed to find a place and fixed it up as best he can given what he had to work with. It is great that he is living within his means and doing the absolute best he can.

THAT overcomes ALL embarrassment in my opinion. It is surely better than if he were squatting somewhere, or if he was living on credit cards or stealing.

He has come so very very far. Hopefully the landlord will tire of this eviction game. Will he ask that the landlord pay the attorney fees since it is a spurious law suit?

DammitJanet

We are having to come up with all the receipts we can. Because some of the materials that went into fixing the trailer were Tony's the only thing I can think to do is create a letter saying that we sold those items to Cory. We owned those boards and if they hadnt gone into his place we would have used them in our place. It is entirely unfair that either Cory or we dont get refunded for that. Plus Tony put in three days labor helping Cory.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd put it in writing that you gave supplies to Cory Janet, sounds like a good idea to me.

Holy smokes! I knew it was really bad when he moved in, but not quite that bad!!:surprise: The boy has done you proud, to be sure. And he doesn't have anything to be ashamed of. And it was a huge learning experience for him as well.

That said.......that mold really has me worried Janet. You can get lung diseases from it that can kill you. Seriously. They usually condemn buildings if the mold can't be removed and kept gone. (cuz it usually comes back) And if they don't condemn it, the fact that it once had been there has to be told to any future buyers. And here they have to sign a paper waving that they don't care just to buy it. (husband and I looked at a house with those issues......and didn't go back)

If he were my son, I'd have him get his money back if possible for repairs and the like....heck, if he can take the old bugger for what he's worth.......and start looking for a new place, and saving up for it. It's just not healthy for him to be living there.....especially if that mold is still there.

Man, I hope the judge rips that old fart a new one.:mad:

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Im betting they are gonna condemn it myself. Then...who knows what they are gonna do. If Cory can get enough money, well, we do have a septic tank that is in place from where we had our singlewide mobile home. Maybe he could find a cheap trailer to move on our back lot. I really didnt want him here but oh well. Maybe we have all grown up some...lol. At least we wouldnt be in the same house. If all else fails, of course he can come home. This is not his fault and he did nothing wrong to cause it. If this was because he wasnt paying rent or something like that, I would make him sleep in his car...but it isnt that.

susiestar

Roll With It
This stinks. Certainly have Tony give Cory a signed letter detailing the cost of the materials and tony's labor. It is appropriate to charge for Tony's labor what Tony's boss would charge a client - NOT what Tony would get paid. You know pricing in your area, but FWIW the rates can be anywhere between 3 and 5 times what Tony gets paid.

I hope that this works out in his favor. It should, if there is justice at all. Sending hugs to all of you!

Susie

mstang67chic

Going Green
Have they met with the attorney yet? I hate to see Cory lose his place, bad as it is, especially since he's really put a lot of work into it. But, if this is what it takes to get the slumlord out of business (and in jail???) then maybe it's worth it. As you said, he DOES have some options for living arrangements. May not be what he (or you) wants, but he's got options. Plus I think that the positives of "getting" this guy could do Cory a world of good by showing him the good side of the law. Know what I mean??

donna723

Janet, are there other people living in this trailer park under the same conditions that Cory has been? I wondered if they all are putting work an money into these mobile homes thinking that they will own them someday. Has Cory been the only one getting these eviction notices? I'll bet this guy has pulled this stunt lots of times on other people! What a sleazebag! He may end up owing a bunch of people a lot of money before this is all over!

DammitJanet

He does this all the time but most wont buck him because they are afraid. Either they are in trouble with the law and think they will get in more trouble or they are illegals. Some also end up getting behind on their rent so he can legally evict them. Cory has his legal issues but he isnt wanted by the law. His PO knows the issues and isnt going to violate him over this type of thing. We all know illegal aliens would run far and fast from legal entanglements. He knows this.