Janet......are you ok?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Horse racing is fascinating to watch (though there is a risk that horses and jockeys can be injured or even die, which is horrible to think about, let alone see). The fun thing to me about racing is the handicapping and research involved.

husband and I lived about four miles from IL's major harness track, and across the city from one other harness track and a flat racing track.

I used to go to flat and jumping races when I lived in Europe. I'm not super into watching racing on TV or replays because a big part of it for me is the whole atmosphere at the tracks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You can take me to Rockingham anyday - but please just get me there in time for the Funnycar drags....I pretend to like the drag races but really only enjoy the jet cars. I liked GN's word...meh. LOL. :tongue:

As far as sports? My Father - WORLDS BIGGEST SPORTS FANATIC....no joke. If cockroaches had kick boxing? My Pop could tell you who was the lead contender, the champion of the world, who was up and coming, all the scores for every weight class, and who was the best and worst coach. Not to mention when the fights were televised and on what channels.

His football coach was Paul Brown. YOU figure it out.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet. Out your way you have some pretty big roaches as well. I saw a "woods roach" for the first time in TN. Nearly had a coronary on the spot. Nothing like a 1.5" long roach that can FLY.

I HATE roaches even though the common "German Roach" (the Germans call them American Roaches, LoL) is the only one that really gets into food and stuff. The others actually prefer to stay outside and will mostly come in only to warm up or get water.

I have actually seen a FL roach. husband accidentally carried one home from a field exercise in FL and the thing was HUGE! Pity he couldn't have brought home something cute: like maybe a gecko.