Janet - Didn't you have a doctor appointment yesterday??

LittleDudesMom

Janet had her appointment on Wed with the GI and has an endoscopy this morning at nine. We are thinking positive thoughts Janet!

Sharon

DammitJanet

Thanks for thinking about me! I am just now getting up and about tonight.

Like Sharon said above, I had the appointment with the GI doctor on Wed and he set up the endoscopy for this morning at 9am and then I am to have an abdominal CT Scan with contrast on Monday.

The Endoscopy was hoped to have shown something but they only got some samples for testing and a possible "gastritis" diagnosis. I should change my name to "it might be" LOL . I have to go all the way around every bush and rock to find anything.

I still feel like koi and can barely eat anything. Supposedly I am able to eat. I just have to. I have lost over 20 pounds so I have to make myself. I am very weak. Billy has bought me gnc shakes. I am trying to do the brat diet the next few days and see what Monday brings. Who knows. I will try to be here but without much food in me, reading makes me nauseated as all get out so its hard. Those who know me probably have my number and can call me. Im sorry if I have missed any of your calls or messages but I really have been down with this.

Sorry everyone. I am pretty sick but trying to get better!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))) Janet

I hope they figure out the cause. That is a hellova way to lose weight, not a healthy way either......which is why you're feeling so cruddy.

Get plenty of rest, drink as much as you can, and eat very teeny meals as much as you can tolerate.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet. Has your GI looked into gastroparesis? This is neuropathy of the nerves to the stomach. lt's most commonly associated with diabetes, but can be from other causes as well.

l have a friend who is diabetic and has this and the more l thought about your symptoms, the more little bells started ringing. Ask your GI about it.

l assume, at your weight you are being monitored closely for diabetes, but as l said, it can happen for other reasons as well.

DammitJanet

I havent heard of that GN but I will ask about it. No, I am not diabetic yet but they are always watching. My last batch of blood work did come back with my blood sugars slightly elevated but the doctor wasnt extremely worried because it was during this time when I am not able to eat and he said that without me being able to eat anything, my blood sugars will be out of whack. Im trying to eat or drink...a protein shake at least every morning to keep me going. Today I was able to eat a greek yogart