Janet, how are you doing?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Please give us an update. We missed you so much! How are you feeling? How is your memory? Do you have any more rehab to deal with? I hope the men in your life are waiting on you hand and foot!

Hugs,
Suz

B

bran155

Yes, please give an update. I asked about you yesterday on the General Forum. I hadn't seen you in a while so I asked if anyone had heard from you. I wasn't aware that you were in the hospital. I hope you feeling okay. I'm glad your back!! :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I would also love an update. :) And I hope all of the guys have rallied around and are spoiling you to the point of aggravation. :D

I'm also wondering how your memory is doing. Personal interest as after the truck thing I had much more damage than anyone was aware of except my kids and they weren't really in a position they felt they could step forward and say something. I thought other than memory issues I was just fine. But actually, it had changed my personality drastically. (which is what the kids had picked up on immediately) As my brain healed I noticed it to. And they also picked up on when I began to heal and started acting like my old self again. Took a longish time.

Only now......alot of that time frame I don't even remember at all. Weird. I don't remember easy child graduating from the nursing program. Yet I stood on stage and pinned her right along with sister in law and Darren. I don't remember Darrin being a baby. Although I won't tell easy child that cuz it would break her heart. I didn't stop losing short term memory until I went back to school. That was 2 years ago.

Most of what I'd lost came back. Most with school as I forced my brain to work. Except for the math. lol

How's the physical therapy going? And the not smoking? Did the head start at the hospital help?

Can you tell we missed you?? lol :D

Hugs

DammitJanet

The head start at the hospital helped with the smoking but I am DYING for a cig...ok bad choice of words...lol.Actually at the hospital I didnt want one but at home I do...weird.

Yes I can tell you missed me...lol. Lisa you sound so much like me. I did have trouble with the grands. I got them confused and it did hurt Jamie so badly. Tony brought in a picture of the two girls and grilled me every day on who was who, what their names where and who had come to see me. I kept thinking Jamie had Keyana when he really had Hailie: it confused me that he could have the younger child.

Short term memory is still a problem for me but its getting better.The blood clots really hurt me on that front. There is something wrong with my eyes or the muscles in my eyes late in the afternoon because everything goes blurry and double vision around then.

The guys are doing all they can do. I wish it was more but Jamie is out of town, we all wanted Cory out of the house and he left the month this happened wouldnt you know!,Billy works,Tony works and takes care of me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's good for you to do things. Just don't push yourself. If it's too much leave it for someone else to do, or to do later when you're up to it.

Hmmmm did they say what they think the eye issue is? Maybe it's your signal you're over-doing? Mine would dim and go dark. A bit scarey at the time. But then I fractured the back of my skull, so alot of the damage was in the visual center.

Do they still have the physical therapy going?

Glad to hear the men folk are taking care of you as best they can. And I'm sure Keyana is thrilled to have grandma home again. Give Tony a hug for me and tell him I think he's done one hellova job stepping up when you needed him.

Hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well your note sounds pretty good as far as clarity. Sorry about the vision, maybe it could be fatigue adding to it?
How are your medications?
Do they have them all figured out?
Are your moods OK?
Are you sleeping?
I was thinking about how this affected your mood? I hoe you are doing well with that.
So good to see you

donna723

Janet, I'm so happy to see you back! :D

You just do what you can and let the others worry about the rest! You just look out for YOU for a change! It won't hurt them a bit! I'll bet they're just so glad to see you home again and getting better every day!

Lothlorien

Are you qualified for in-home nursing care? If so, you should be able to get a nurse in for a couple of hours a week to help you. One good thing out of this was that Jamie's deployment didn't happen. Is that on hold for now, or hopefully permanent?

I'm wondering what the blurred vision is too. Have they checked that out, or is this a new symptom?