Janet is kissing pigs!

mstang67chic

Going Green
She just called me and seems to have some sort of flu. She's heading to the doctor tomorrow and is hunkered down for the evening.

She was also telling me about their weather there. It seems that there is a possible chance of snow there over night.

About 1/8 of an inch.

Schools are already announcing delays and closings for tomorrow.....because of a CHANCE.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I realize areas like that aren't used to snow and don't have the equipment to deal with it but I just find this hysterical. I"m looking outside thinking they would just panic at the few inches we got....not to mention those that have gotten tons more like Linda.

She also said she would be on in the next day or so....she just feels to bad to be upright long enough to get to the computer.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! I was worried she might have caught the swine flu too. Glad she is headed to the docs.

I had to :rofl: over their reaction to the snow too.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When husband and I were stationed on the border between KY and TN, they got a snowfall of 8". husband had to go out and teach the southern boys and girls how to shovel snow and use snow-clearing equipment.

It totally paralyzed the area for about 4 days. People were literally abandoning their cars all over the roads and trying to walk home.

One very real thing was that most homes there were barely insulated for winter, if at all, heaters weren't up to it, and most people did not have suitable clothing above and beyond what the Army issued for that climate.

donna723

They do that here too! If there's the slightest little possibility of snow they close the schools and everybody runs to the store to buy up all the bread and milk! Every county in middle Tennessee closed their schools today.

We get maybe one or two snows a year and had just enough today to officially say that it snowed. But in areas like where Janet lives, even a little snow can cause problems. With us, it's a problem because it will melt a little during the day, then refreeze at night and make it really slick.

Feel better soon, Janet!

KTMom91

Several schools around here have used pig kissing as a reward...if the kids read a certain number of pages in a specified time, the principal will kiss a pig. Or work on the roof for a day. Or dye his/her hair the school colors. Or shave his head. Or something else equally strange but interesting. It sure gets them reading!

everywoman

Janet, I hope you caught it in time to get on Tamiflu---it really did help me after I kissed the pig. Make sure you rest a lot. And get plenty of fluids.

susiestar

Roll With It
I wish our schools had closed. We had no snow but it is so cold and windy that it is dangerous to be outside for more than 10-15 minutes. I kept thank you home yesterday because his asthma is acting up. Today Gma drove him to school. I just can NOT send him out to the bus in bad weather. Not when it is this cold. Wind alone, rain, even snow is not too bad. But windchill of minus twenty is different. Our doctor faxed a note to teh school saying he could not attend because his asthma. He did go out to the mailbox, bundled in six layers with two pairs of gloves. It is about 20 yards from the door. He took over an HOUR to warm up after less than 5 minutes outside.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Heywoo eveyone. Sniff sniff. Hack hack.

I dont know if I had the flu or what. I did make it to the doctor today but because I have been sick since last weekend its a bit too late for tamiflu. I just didnt feel well enough to drive myself to my doctor since he is about 20 miles from me.

He did tell me that I definitely have some sort of asthma going on. Put me on the nebulizer and advair. Told me to finish my script of septra and he will see me back in two weeks. Told me to keep away from people who smoke...lol.

I guess this is definitely it. I HAVE to quit smoking. If I am going to get the lung involvement again, I have to stop. Thats what caused me to stop the last time. I started having asthma problems and had to start the inhaler bit so I stopped cold turkey. Guess its gonna be time to do it again. I have a couple of packs left and then Im done. I dont want to have to be like this 24/7...sigh. Guess this was my kick in the pants.

We didnt get any snow. Or I didnt see any! Cory said he saw two flakes. It is cold though. Cold for us!

Im washing bed clothes right now. While I am semi upright...lol.