Janet? Was it you...

tiredmommy

that told the spoon story? You know... how are you going to spend your limited spoons? I've had a physically difficult day and could use hearing that story again.

Josie

I wasn't the one who told it before.

Sorry to hear that you think it applies to you. Hope you feel better soon.

tiredmommy

Thanks, Hope. I'm not horribly ill but in a great deal of discomfort the last few days with an IBS flare. I know it will resolve but I'm still feeling short a few spoons...

flutterby

Fly away!
The worst part about IBS - besides the cramping, bloating, nausea, and impromptu visits to the nearest restroom - is how draining it is. It leaves you feeling exhausted - completely wiped out.

I hope you're feeling better soon. Rest when you can.

witzend

Thanks for posting this. It's very like waking up with Muscular Dystrophy every day. I've had people tell me I was imagining it. :confused: I've had many people ask me what it's like to have it, and I have always asked "What's it like to have blue eyes?" or "that freckle" in return. It's just being me.

But, I am going to post this on my muscular dystrophy site. Thanks again!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sorry you're feeling so crummy, TM. As you know, we've been dealing with this issue with difficult child 1 a lot lately. First it was his Crohn's, and now that it's in remission, he gets to deal with IBS. It totally hoovers. At least his school is understanding when he misses the umpteenth class because he's stuck in the boys' bathroom. But most people just cannot grasp what it truly means to have a life affected by chronic illness. They expect that when you are sick, you get better and move on! They just cannot wrap their heads around something that doesn't go away.

Hope you're feeling better today!