Jinx'd Myself!

J

joneshockey

Well... I guess that I should not have posted yesterday that Emily was doing well - she woke up this morning and won't eat and has mucus AGAIN! Its looking like she may have another infection :( So much for her being healthy! I haven't seen her like this in s VERY long time --- crying ALOT and not wanting to sleep either. It will be interesting to see what her urologist says when I call, weather it be today or tomorrow --- she is just miserable right now though. I will keep everyone posted!

Cindy

susiestar

Roll With It
Poor tyke. I always HATED when my little ones got sick. So hard to make them feel better. I hope that this clears up fast.

buddy

Awww, I was just looking at those smiley pics last night.... bummer. Let us know how she is. Kiss the baby for us!

J

joneshockey

Well it looks like I will be calling her dr. this morning --- unsure of which one to call though! She had mucus 1 time yesterday morning and hasn't had it again since. The thing that I am most concerned about right now is the fact that she has only consumed 12 oz. of formula in the past 24 hours, has refused all table foods and had only had 1 wet diaper since 8 AM yesterday! I even checked her diaper at 3 AM and it was still dry :( I am started to feel a bit stressed about all of this again!

J

joneshockey

Spent the majority of my day at the urologist's office. She had an 11 AM appointment for an ultrasound and then to see the Dr. He then sent us for a bunch of blood work and put a bag on her to collect a urine sample... After the blood draw we had to go back to the urologist's and wait for the results of the bloodwork and for her to pee- we waited, and waited and waited --- Finally at 4:15 they told us we could go, all the blood work wasn't back yet and she still hadn't peed - they think she has a virus since she did start to run a fever this morning, when she never has in the past with her Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)'s. From what they could tell so far from what results were back was that her white blood cell count wasn't elevated so that is how they have come to the conclusion that she probably is sick because of that and not the Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infection. I am STILL trying to get a urine sample :( because they do what to culture that out... of course she peed on the way home, but peed around the bag ---- what a PAIN this is going to be, since bagging her is always a challenge but add on to it the fact that she is dehydrated is a recipe for disaster. Wish me luck!

J

joneshockey

I was able to get a urine sample last night and I took it to the lab this morning on the way to work. Well... I just got the results of her urinalysis - She had elevated red blood cell counts in it, so it is indicating that she may have a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infection (duh... didin't I already know this?) Now we just need to wait for the urine culture to come back to show what bacteria that it grows... She still isn't eating much so I guess it is just a wait and see game! I will let everyone know once I have more information (probably not until Thursday- since that is when the culture is due back)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. But you know us Moms never know anything. pht.

Poor lil sweetums. Give her an extra hug or 3 from me. Hope those antibiotics kick in quickly.

Hugs