Job Quest

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Abbey, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Ok. Today, I go out on my 37th job interview. Yep...37 just since August. Vegas is such a tough town to get a job if you're over...ummm...22. And, not blonde with fake tattas.

If I hear the 'you're over qualified' speech again I'll scream.:why:

In addition, nearly application is done online. I HATE not having the face-to-face interaction. You're just an email.

I think I have a job, but have to pass the drug test.:ohmygod: Being a holiday weekend, I can't go in until tomorrow. Which, by the way, will also be interview # 38.

Sigh.

I don't need to work, but found out REAL quick that staying at home and working with husband 24/7 is not all it's cracked up to be. He's hidden all the knives from me at this point.:sword: He's completely scattered brained...I'm a neat freak. It's not working well as we try to do our business together.

Wish me well.

Abbey

2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Good luck Abbey!!!! 37, wow. I will have to pass this on to difficult child who thinks SHE'S had too many interviews.

I hope this one is a YES. (I don't like the online apps either - so impersonal!)

3. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

~Kathy

4. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I hope things go well so that you don't have to do any more darn interviews.

Beth

5. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Fingers crossed, Abbey!!

:peaceout: (Let's pretend this are crossed fingers - k?)

6. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

OMG< Abbey. By this time I'd be calling my hair dresser and a plastic surgeon.....or a moving company.

Good luck, good luck, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Suz

7. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

AND I QUOTE::

I think I have a job, but have to pass the drug test.:ohmygod: Being a holiday weekend, I can't go in until tomorrow

DID I READ THAT WRONG??????:wildone:

Or did you partaaaaaaake of a felonious indulgence :bloodshot:with puff the tragic dragon?

SO you have to wait huh? :dead: I see.

(MWAH HA HA) ~ yup - it's ALL in how you read it without punctuation.

8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Oh she REALLY isn't right is she? (Star) :erm:

9. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

No...there was no partaking. I'm too much of a chicken.

Had the interview today, which went quite well. I didn't get the 'you're over qualified' talk, but they wanted someone of a 'senior' position. It took me a minute to figure out what they were REALLY saying. What the heck???? I'm getting hired because I'm older??? They claim the oldest person there is 20. They'd like a nice 'mix' of ages. Geez...what have I got myself into.:why: This is a major bank, mind you.

Abbey