John and Kate plus 8

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I admitt it I am a fan, and gak at how perfect this super woman keeps her family of 10, even when she yells at her d/h because he's breathing too loud, LOL

So what are their chances of not having a single difficult child in the batch of 8???

I am not sure Kate could handle a difficult child she's a bit anal retentive, but I love her all the same, she reminds me of my boyfriend out in Kansas.

Her husband should have a halo over his head, LOL, he derserves the Father of the Year award!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Their trip to the Crayola Crayon Factory was priceless, Kate was freaking out because they gave the kids markers, LOL

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I loooove this show! Kate cracks me up, amazing she still has hair on her head, I would have pulled all mine out already if I were her! Her kids are just too cute for words, but what a handful!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's a cute series. And of course the kids are adorable. Nichole is a huge fan, so is easy child. I've sat in on a couple of episodes with the girls on occasion.

I've heard people (mothers) say that the more kids you have you either get super organized, or you go insane. So far it seems Kate has it under control.

My Mom had 5 and I know there was a strict routine in the house we followed from 4:30 am until we went to bed. There was NO arguing, no time for fighting, you just did it. PCs and difficult child's alike. And she had only 1 bonafide easy child out of 5 kids. lol

I recall the chaos of my difficult child brothers teen years. Cops coming day and night, school troubles, and STILL our house ran like clockwork. I don't recommend her methods. But I do have to give her credit by saying they worked, for even the most gfgish of us still towed the line while at home.

Lothlorien

How about the Duggers????!!!! Now, I cannot believe there are 17 children in that home and they are all so darn well behaved!

gottaloveem

How about the Duggers????!!!! Now, I cannot believe there are 17 children in that home and they are all so darn well behaved!

Sometimes I get a chuckle from the Duggers. You'd think the mom would be working her tail off. To me it seems like she's got the older kids taking care of the younger kids, and all the kids work around the house. Many times I've seen her relaxing on a recliner, I figure she's got all those kids to take care of things.

Jon and Kate, god I love them. I love how real they are on the show with- Kate on Jon at all times. He does deserve an award. I'd love to see the show when the are all teenagers.

There is a womens convention here this weekend, Jon and Kate plus all the kids will be there, I might just go as it is only 10 minutes from my house.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
All I can say is God bless any woman of multiple births. As the mom of twins (who don't even live under the same roof) I feel like pulling my hair out at any given moment. All those children of the same age, going through all the same phases would drive me up the proverbial wall.

I had to stop watching this series. I had to stop watching the Duggers. The Duggers was just too "sweet" for me ~ mom too robot like. I'd like to see a human moment out of that woman with-o that calm sweet voice. I don't believe it.

DammitJanet

I love the multiple birth series...especially John and Kate. The Duggers just get under my skin...lol. No one is that perfect.

John and Kate feel more real to me but Kate is wired tightly. I dont know if she could really handle a difficult child. One of the twin girls seems to exhibit a few behavior problems to me. She is also extremely lucky to have as much help as she does with the kids. Did any of you see the show where she was attempting to get a housekeeper? She was so demanding about what she expected done...and to perfection...that no one really met her standards. Im telling ya, if I had 8 kids to take care of, I dont think I would worry about...or even notice...if someone missed dusting each CD jacket...lol.

KTMom91

I'm a big Jon and Kate fan as well, and I agree, she's a bit on the tense side! I think in that situation, I'd be happy if the kids were fed, reasonably clean, and the place didn't look like a war zone. I wonder too about Mady, Kate just says she has her moments, but we'll see as the show continues.

tryinghard

At first I did not like Kate plus 8...I thought she was a little "rough around the edges" with her husband and kids. BUT she has grown on me. She appears to be very "real" and not putting up a front for the cameras. I love Kate now because she makes me feel "normal".

The Duggers...well I can't watch them because she makes me feel like the worst Mom in the world!! Her house is perfect, her kids are perfect, she is perfect...their world is perfect. UMMMMM I have two kids and my world is imperfect. I do wonder though is her and her husband are really that calm and collected..genetically her kids might be as well.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I love the show, but it still makes me feel like a loser. Look at all she does and I can't even keep things together in a house with only 1 kid! (of course it's a difficult child, but still!!!)\
-Dara

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think both the Jon and Kate plus 8 and the Duggers -
KNEW they were going to have multiple births
KNEW they needed to subsidise the costs of multiples
KNEW life could be insane

I still think both families made conscious decisions to have multiple children and got someone else to pay for it. Bravo. My grandma was 1 of 13. My best friend is one of 16, I work with a man who is 1 of 12. I've asked my friend and co worker if they've seen the show and they both said "Well that wasn't OUR reality." with a laugh.

The Duggars are in real estate. And I got turned off on the Kate show when she stated she "gave up her career" to be a Mom. Um....artificial insemination - did you not think about that before hand.

The kids in both cases are adorable.