Joined Weight Watchers today!

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
I"ve decided it's time to save my own life. Saw pictures of myself from my brother's wedding last month and was horrified, absolutely horrified, to see that I could be a stand-in for Jabba the Hut in the next Star Wars movie.

Went to the meeting and got all my materials. I'm recording what I eat online so it gets automatically calculated. The program has changed a lot since I last did it 18 years ago. I met a gal from England who volunteered to be a phone buddy to me. I'm determined to go to the meetings each week, even if I fall down on the eating plan.

Wish me luck: I've eaten my lot of points for the day, and there's half of a chicken parm wedge left over from my daughter's dinner, wrapped in foil on the kitchen counter, calling to me.

Wiped Out

Staff member
RD,
Good for you! The program has changed a lot, (I originally joined 13 years ago). I think it's a really good program but, of course, I work for them now. Still, I like it for me because it's me doing all my own cooking and just making better choices.

I'm wishing you luck in your journey!

N

Nomad

Awesome!!!!
You are right...it is always the best choice to go to the meeting even if you didn't have a good week. Keep on keeping on! Good for you!!!!!
Wishing you good health and happiness!!! :D

LittleDudesMom

rd,

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You took the first step and that's the most important one!

I'm actually going back to meetings again myself. I just went back last week. I did really well and then stop going thinking I could doing it myself since I had developed a good exercise routine. But............. The support and accountability of WW is fantastic!

Keep us updated. Hope the chicken stopped hollering at you!

Sharon

trinityroyal

RDM, good for you!
I've never been a Weight Watchers member but I know a lot of people who have found great success with it. There's a Weight Watchers group at my office, and they're all so very supportive of each other.

Keep in mind that it's a journey. It took a while for your health to slip into a bad place, and it will take some time to get back on track. But even small changes will have you feeling and looking better in no time flat.

Keep on coming to the Healthful Living forum. I have found so many good ideas and tons of support from the gang here.

All the best.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
RD -

I'm doing WW for lunch and having a lot of fun - finding them 5 for $10 - and figuring out which ones I like and don't and for what reason - my favorite so far is 5 cheese rigatoni- but I miss my pasta SO bad - it's a nice compromise. The BBQ chicken and cheese stuffed ravolia are good too.

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! - Hows the closet coming? lol

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
I feel like i do everything in slow motion,but I finally got myself to a WW meeting, got my daily points tracker and all that stuff, and went for second meeting and weigh in last night. Despite going way way over my points (two pints of Ben & Jerry's and yes, I did succumb to a chicken parm wedge) and not making it to the gym once, I lost 5 pounds. That's five pounds that are never coming back.

I learned a lot this first week. The support from the meetings is key for me, not attending is not an option, no matter what kind of week I've had. I think I spend more time entering what I eat and drink on the computer than I do actually consuming the food!

I'm so glad I finally did something for myself. I did make it to the gym today, hit the treadmill, stationery bike and elliptical trainer for 10 mins each (don't want to be carried out on a stretcher after my first workout, when Im so overweight adn older) and I feel wonderful right now.

My therapist is really helping me take myself out of the battle of wills with difficult child 2. He is headed toward being brought before a judge again for not attending his substance abuse treatment group as he was ordered to do. I'm trying to stay above my inclination to swoop in and fix things for him. I told him yesterday that if he is not ready to go on time from now on, that I will simply leave and let him either take the bus to therapy or not go and risk the wrath of his PO (he's got a new one adn she's great, must have been a Marine drill sergeant in a past life!). But one way or another, I am removing that layer of stress from my shoulders.

N

Nomad

:woohoo::you_go_girl::yes:

RD:
What an AWESOME report!!! Did you say you lost 5 pounds??? Way To Go! This is GREAT news! Glad you tracked your points, made it to the meeting, listened to the information and made it the GYM!!!! Keep up the GREAT job!!!! :D

Oh, and how WONDERFUL that you are also seeing a therapist and setting up boundaries with your difficult child...developing a plan and so forth! :D

Me thinks you are going to slam into 2010 a much happier woman and will have to change your name to "Happy & Skinny in New England."

Last edited:

Christy

Congrats on your decision to join WW and a great first week weigh in! :) I did WW from January til May then my son was in psychiatric hospital for a month and I fell off the wagon. He's doing much better now but I still find one excuse after another to ignore my health. He goes back to school next week and I'm going to get serious about weight loss again and while I'd like to do it on my own (and save the $$), I will probably go back to WW because the weigh-ins seem to be what works for me.

Way to go on making a healthy decision and focusing on yourself!
Christy