Just a little more drama????

Lil

Our town has an "alternative school" where kids can go. Usually they are either parents, or homeless or working or have some other reason they can't do a full schedule. Our son chose to go there because his girlfriend at the time was pregnant (not his, long story) and she was going there. He applied saying he would be working and helping take care of the child. As it turned out, they broke up and that just made it awkward...but the point is, he got an actual high school diploma and attended regular classes, but it was more "work at your own pace". That's the kind of program I was hoping you might have available.

pasajes4

not a special school a charter school. They are regular schools. They generally have fewer kids. The curriculum is accelerated. You work on the credits you need to finish high school. You can work through it at your own pace. You finish the units, take the test, get the credit. You don't have to wait for the whole class to finish. Kids graduate all year round and come back to walk the stage in May. Most of these kids are high functioning. They just want to be done with high school for whatever reason. Most of the time they just don't fit in to the high school scene.

TerryJ2

We have a couple of them. Not sure which is which but I do recall discussing it with Difficult Child a few yrs back. He balked because he didn't want to be with "those kids."
It's supposed to be voluntary but I'll bet most of the kids' parents force them to go there ... or else. :0
Meanwhile, he's gone AWOL from school again. Same class: English, in the afternoon.

TerryJ2

Insane, he's got two English classes. One is online. He flunked it last yr, and refused to go to summer school.
He will pay the price by not graduating. :(