Just a vent. Nothing to see here folks.

I've been 75% packed and ready to move for 2 weeks. I thought I was moving last weekend, at the beginning of the month.

Well everything was not ready yet. No problem. I went out and bought just enough food to get Tink and me through one more week.

I made my calls diligently this week, which was no easy task. I'm one of those people who hates making phone calls. I freeze and say stupid things.

I got a hold of Lorraine who said that Norma screwed up and should not have done what she did so soon. I said I TOLD her that, she was jumping the gun. So now someone had to tell Rita that it was being pushed back. I call Norma. Of course, Norma is a mousey little puffy cloud of a woman and she has phone fright worse than me. "Oh I wouldn't dream of calling Rita. She might be mad at me". Thanks, toots, leave me to call her and explain your screw up.

I call Rita. She says that she still never got the OK from Lorraine. I call Lorraine back. I really hate calling Lorraine. She answers the phone on speaker. I hate that. I pass the message to Lorraine, who fianlly gets a hold of Rita, and that gets straightened out.

I call Norma and tell her that everything is set and thta I should be able to move this weekend. No, now SHE needs confirmation from Lorraine. I tell her that she needs to call her. You ready for this? "well you seem to have the magic touch and you seem to get through to her easier. You call her."

So I do. AGAIN.

She calls Norma. We are good to go! Now we have to set up movers. Norma tells me that the moving truck is available tomorrow, but not Saturday.

TOMORROW? Are you kidding me?

"Well, you were in such a hurry to move, I figured you would be ready."

I explain to her that I need to set up getting the pads hung in the elevator. I am flipping her off over the phone as I tell her this.

So now I have to call Georgia. Who says that Rita already set them up to pad the elevators for me on Saturday. Come on. I never told Rita to do that. And I have no movers for Saturday. Georgia says she will see what shew can do and get back to me. I call Norma back and she says the same.

Now it is 5 and everyone is going home. I don't know whether to pack up everything else or go jump off a bridge. I have not changed over my utilities or anything.

This rubs.

witzend

Count me in. You're moving? Where to? Why do you need all of this permission? Fess up, girlfriend!

F

flutterbee

I'd be asking Norma for your portion of her paycheck for doing her job. :devil:

I was hoping to be able to vent without getting too much into it.

Rita is my new landlady. Lorraine is from the housing authority. and Norma is helping pay for the movers.

I have not worked in 2 years, and am too sick to work now. I am applying for SSI. I need this move because I can't take the stairs here anymore.

witzend

This will be a good move for you. I know all about not being able to do the stairs anymore. It frees you up a lot when you are in a place where every little thing that you do is not a battle.

Deep breaths, it will be over soon!

Today is one of those days where I want to jump out of my skin.

I do not belong around other people. I am having a day and I am being a capital B to everyone.

I still can't get answers from anyone, so I guess I am not moving just yet. I am sitting here with my thumb in my butt because MOST of my stuff is packed and there is really nothing to do. Tink has no school today and she is right up my you know what. She wants to pack. Well we really can't pack anything because we kinda need what is left unpacked if we are going to still be here for a couple days. And SHE has nothing to do because most of her stuff is also packed.

I let her pack *a* box. She wrote her name on it 47 times. I had to put the box outside because the fumes from the marker was making me sick. And of course I am yelling at Tink because I am having a day.

I failed to mention in the first vent that I have been trying to reach the newly freed DEX. He saw Tink a couple weeks ago for an overnight right after he got out, if anyone recalls. He and I talked after that visit and I asked him if it would be OK if he called her now & then because she missed him so much. Sure, he promised.

And of course he never called. Not for 2 weeks. I have been calling him for 3 days. He never answers. I leave message after message. At one point he answered yesterday and barked "I'm in a job interview, I will call you back".

And did I get a call back? Nooooooooo. I tried him a couple more times last night. No answer. Tried again this morning. No answer. Called back again and it went straight to voicemail. Which means the toothless wonder turned his phone off.

WHAT the HE77 does HE have to DO that is SO important that he is going to BLOW OFF his DAUGHTER???

I am a puddle on the floor right now. :crying:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well poo on those people for not getting there acts together. Wish I could drive the couple hours to help you. (I am good with other peoples issues and avoiding my own) So I would be of great service. I have also moved almost 20 times in the last 16 years (keep in mind I have been in this house almost five yes I am part gypsy and this is killing me to stay put). So I am good with these things.

Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Beth

I have accepted the fact that I am not moving until next week.

I have stopped calling Matt because there is no point.

I expected this from COPPER's dad. I understood it. He was that way from jump street. Never wanted her, denied her, never bothered with her.

But not Tink's dad. He raised her from birth to 6 months while I worked! He was JUST with her!! He was with her every other weekend up until he went to jail. And that was out of the goodness of my heart. There was no court order saying I had to let him see her. I did it for HER sake. And bent over backwards so that they could get their visits in. Usually driving one way. HOW can he do this, knowing that she is here wanting to see him? How can he place more importance on his stupid g/f? (I know what this is all about. She wants to dictate when he can see her, and he allows it).

Is it gold plated? Does it play jingle bells? What is so spectacular about it that he would put it in front of his kid?

I cannot figure it out. I simply cannot wrap my brain around it. There is no way I can understand it.

Sunlight

I made arrangements for Kaleb to come for next week again knowing ant will be going to prison oct 17 and it will be a long time til he sees him again.
ant said:
I dont know if I wanna see him, I dont have any money for that right now, cant cook him anything and may be too stressed out to see him.
I reminded him that when Kaleb is here, I will take care of him or pay the sitter.

he some girl over last night again. cooked her dinner.

you cant make a parent out of someone so self-absorbed.

sorry about all those dingy women you ahve to deal with.

ugh. this too shall pass...lame I know...but it does.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hug Kaleb...try your best to forget the rest. I'm sure difficult child doesn't know what to do now. Hopefully he will mature and see the light. It may take a lot longer than any of us are comfortable with, but at least you're protecting your grandchild. My heart goes out to you.

Abbey

Very much hearing you all about self-absorbed parents. difficult child's dad walked out on his two kids and was gone nine months -- then wife still allowed visitation 'cause the kids missed him so bad (he had been totally the opposite, a model dad, before he met his g/f). So what does he do? No show, no call. The kids were waiting on the porch with their bags packed. So sad. Now difficult child can hardly spend 10 minutes with her daughter - "I'm tired", "I just got off work", "I don't feel good", "I need some 'me' time". Me me me. What about your daughter, girl? Doncha remember how it felt when somebody you idolized didn't have time for you?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh the power of the cootie.... :hypnosis: <span style="color: #FF0000"> GRRRR</span> the weakness of some men...

Well, he finally called.

There is quite a bit of truth to my suspicions. Not the jingle bells or anything, but you know...

His story was twofold. The new G/F was in the hospital with the flu. And of course he could not leave her side. I finally laid into him. I said that he really needed to start putting his daughter ahead of her. He quickly jumped to her defense, and said that I must hate myself to talk about someone like that.

I told him look, time to get real. I said that I know that the main reason that he stays there is that he has nowhere else to go. Which means he has to do as she says. And SHE needs him attached to her at all times. I called him on it. He can't make a call without her, he can't pick up his kids without her. (I know it sounds like I am whining but I have to get this out. Skip it if you don't want to read it) When he comes here to pick up/drop off Tink, he has to park his car blocking traffic so that she can watch to make sure that he does not enter my apartment. He has not seen his sons in over 6 months because his van broke. When he had the van, the whole family fit inside. When he had nothing but her car to drive, there was no room for him, her, Tink, the new baby, and his sons inside. No way was she staying home with the baby while he picked his sons up. So he stopped picking them up.

I told him that he was whipped and letting her run the show and he needed to put all his kids first. I corrected him and said that SHE was the one with the low self image who can't be without him for 2 seconds and that is HER problem.

He agreed with me! And then, he agreed with me. He pretty much has to do what she says.

On top of all this, his dad is in a nursing home. Cancer, and it is relentless. I love that man. Tink never knew him as fun, he's been sick since she has been coming around to see him. So Matt & his brothers are in a panic, and his mother is in denial and shock. The 28th, which is Tink's brother's birthday, is also the anniversary of Matt's brother passing. You can't make this stuff up. This is one screwed up, hurting family.

He bent my ear for 1/2 hour. I let him. He cried. I let him. He did talk to Tink. She is nowhere near as hurt as I was at the very idea of someone not wanting to talk to their own child.

He & I needed this talk. We are not in love anymore, but I think we are still soulmates.

AllStressedOut

What we call that down south is "Platinum Poo-Na-Nee."

That or a platinum visa. Either will get a toothless wonder, broke butt man to follow you around like a lost puppy and ask "how high" when you say jump.

I'm glad you two had a good talk. I hope it helps Tink.

My ex was a good dad if his girlfriend at the time wanted to be around his kids. If his girlfriend didn't want to be around his kids, neither did he. Thankfully he married the one that not only liked being around kids, but really loved his kids. As far as I can tell, she is really good to my two. If she ever isn't, I'll go ghetto on her. Cuz I have the platinum knuckle rings to match. Don't mess with my babies biz.

(((Hugs)))

I can't remember who said it above, but they said they were good at dealing with other peoples problems, but not their own. We are two peas in one screwed up pod. I can go clean a friends house, but mine is overwhelming, same with packing and moving. Too bad you aren't closer BBK.

I sure wish you or somebody lived close.

I have not been this sad in a long LOOOONG time. I have been crying all day, and talking to him has not made it stop. :tissue: In fact, it's made me miss how it used to be. Not that I'd take him back in a million years, I just got to reminiscing. It was not always bad, or I would not have been with him so long.

I guess I was not as done grieving him as I thought. :crying:

meowbunny

Aw, hon, I'm sorry. Losing a soulmate stinks. It is one of those things that I don't think ever goes away. Maybe the cry will do you good and tomorrow you'll feel better.

((((((BBK))))))