Just an Odd Discovery.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So we all know wee little puppies tend to "bless" us with many wee lil poo accidents, right?

I've been frustrated beyond belief because the dye coming through Rufus' system was staining the carpet, no matter how much I "cleaned". I thought I was doing a good thing using the Resolve..........

Uh......today I'm nearly out of the stuff..........well I'm not gonna just leave it there............so I grab diaper wipes..................and Rufus tends to go in this same spot in the living room if he can't recall to go to the door. Not only did it clean up the new "stain" but cleaned up the one left behind as well.

WTH? Makes you wonder what they use in those things. LOL

Explains why this wasn't an issue with Maggie. It was both faster and easier to grab diaper wipes when she pooed than anything else. (I was watching the boys 40 hrs a wk I didn't have time to stop and scrub each and every time) With Rufus I *thought* I was doing it better with the Resolve..........and obviously not.

Soon as it quits raining at the drop of a hat I'll be shampooing, even if it's a quick run through and do a better job when he's better at getting to the door in time.

Due to the worm issue, I have been rather easy going on the whole house training..........poor lil guy really could not help it and he had a lot of issues while the medication worked. Now that it appears that is over with.........we rewarded him with a liver treat after he pawed at the door, then went, and came back inside. Now the lil bugger does his utter best to get to that door! He LOVES the treats more than maggie does. :rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL diaper wipes are miracles in a pouch. I use them to take off makeup (better than makeup remover), cat puke (as you noted), berry stains on fingers, hair dye from walls... And frankly there's nothing horrid in them, they're just made to dissolve baby poop.

InsaneCdn

Often, a "milder" cleaner does a better job. So I always start with milder and then work up if necessary, unless I know ahead of time that it requires a specific cleaner. (like... ink on cloth, for example)

Dixies_fire

I think the baby wipes have enzymes like in pet cleaner that eats the poop. I've been finding a thousand uses for pet cleaner. Does well on drool, throw up, sweat stains.

trinityroyal

Baby wipes have come to my rescue more often than I care to think about, including getting the vomit stains out of the pretty dress Tyrantina wore to a wedding we attended last summer. (Blue corn chip vomit at that...I was ASTONISHED!)

Completely unrelated, but many years ago when I had a job in a bad part of town, we used to go to a sandwich shop nearby where a lot of homeless people would spend time. Often, you'd hear the manager announce over the PA system, "Protein spill in section B" or whatever. I always chuckle over that term. Seems applicable to this thread.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Another odd discovery.................a friend of mine from childhood just told me about it.

Urine on the carpet:

Normal table salt. Dump it generously, and it does mean generously, on the area. Let it dry completely. Then vacuum up the dried salt.

The salt absorbs ALL the urine from the carpet/pad. Leaves behind no stain and no odor.

I asked her where she was last year when I was house training Maggie. :rofl: