Just an update/Cali trip.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am sorry for being so scattered and absent. Between returning from Cali and getting ready for family vacation next week, its been a bit chaotic.

Things are going good...we're looking for a new sitter for wee difficult child. I met a lady that came highly recommended, but I'm just not sure about her...I don't have a good feeling one way or the other about her. And her 19 year old daughter, admittedly an unmedicated ADHD, WILL butt heads with difficult child...so...on the fence.

In the meantime, difficult child has made a friend. It seems to be a real friend that likes him back and has invited him over. Its awesome.

Our trip to Cali was great. difficult child was so excited but very anxious about the flight. I printed up small index cards with a brief descriptive summary of difficult child's "issues" and potential behavioral impacts. I gave them to the stewardesses as we boarded the flights. We had very few problems on the flight, but all of them thanked me for the card.

He enjoyed visiting his brother and the new baby. daughter in law wasn't really prepared for having difficult child in her home, like everyone, she couldn't really comprehend it til it was glaring in her face, so she got a little annoyed with him, but he was GOLD while we were there. Even difficult child 1 commented repeatedly how great he was doing.

He got to go on base and got his hair cut "Marine style" at his brother's barber.

And of course grandson is WONDERFUL. Absolutely adorable (aren't they all) and just starting to interact with people when I left.

It was a really good trip.

GVC, sorry I didn't get to meet up with you. They only have one car now, so I didn't have any wheels to go anywhere. :-( Next time, maybe?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad to hear the trip went so well :) You and I will meet up one day, I'm sure. That ended up being a crazy week for me getting ready for the Ohio trip anyway. Hope you've got some pics of that new grandbaby to post soon!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad you had such a nice trip.
:D

Um......what did you bring me? :surprise:

You sound very rested.............any pictures.

Hugs