Just an update...

HowMuchLonger

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted...life has been hectic! So difficult child 2 started on an increased Adderall dosage and risperidone just over two weeks ago and I'm here to report that....
everything has been going SCARILY wonderful! I'm still walking on eggshells waiting for "it". He's been extremely compliant and agreeable here and at school. He's even started bathing and brushing his teeth regularly again without too much of a fight (that in itself is such a relief....I hate stinky kids!) He let me cut his hair (was starting to look like a homeless orphan) and OMG joined the swim team last week??!!! What are these miracle drugs and where have they been all my life?!

I know, I know...we may be just honeymooning after his scare with the ER but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :D Just him joining any kind of team, and sticking with it for more than 2 days is amazing and I am SO proud and happy for him :D The downside? He definitely isn't himself..which we knew might happen. I don't know how to explain it but he seems a little "flat" emotionally. I'm not at a concerned point yet, but it may have to be addressed in the future.

Anyhow, just wanted to post a positive update as my last few posts were all doom and gloom :) I'm going to take advantage and love difficult child 2 while he'll still let me :)

H

HaoZi

Finding that balance is tricky, keeping it while they grow is even more so. Good to enjoy the "up" times.

M

ML

I'm very happy to hear a positive report! You just have to embrace these moments. Take it one day at a time. Keeping hope high for you you. Docs would love to give manster that drug but due to his current weight issues we won't likely ever go there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
BRAVO on joining the swim team! Using up all his energy is an excellent way to burn off steam! KUDOS to him! and

AWESOME JOB MOM! KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!! (sends kleenex for those Kodak moments) - this is one you know ;-)