Just dropped difficult child

Wiped Out

Staff member
off for his first day of day camp!:allalonesmile::allalonesmile::hapydancsmil::jumphappy:

It is incredibly quiet here; easy child/difficult child is sleeping, husband is at a class. It feels so peaceful. Why do I still feel a twinge of guilt for sending him to camp? Oh well, I'll get over it; I know it is good for him too!

InsaneCdn

Day camp? or all week??
If it's a day camp, you'll know at the end of the day how it went... and if it went even half-decent, then you can ditch the guilt for the rest of the week. JMO, of course...

T

TeDo

I'm with IC. Take advantage of the quiet time when you can and if he's getting what he needs, there is no guilt so tell that twinge to get out of your head!!!

StressedM0mma

Yay! difficult child has been going to horse day camp almost all summer. It has been so nice. And, it keeps her on a schedule. The peace and quiet is nice. The times she hasn't been at camp I have heard I'm bored more times than I can count.

Oh don't feel guilty! This is a chance for you to recharge your batteries. We all need that sometimes, whether we get a day, a weekend or a week - we NEED to take it whenever we can in order to continue parenting our difficult child's.

Wiped Out

Staff member
He had a great time and is even looking forward to tomorrow because they are going to play laser tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bunny

Do NOT feel guilty! I know that I jump for joy on those rare times when I am difficult child-free! Enjoy the quiet time. I hope that he enjoys his time at camp.

lovelyboy

Glad he enjoyed it!
You know....we are so used to feeling stressed, that I think sometimes we might even feel guilty just to experience some kind of normality!
Enjoy the time with the rest of your family! :)