Just for fun. Does anyone know how to find special candle holders on line?

DDD

As you guys know I live a greasy truck parts life so I don't "entertain" like in the good old days.
I own one cutglass/crystal candleholder that is valuable and unique. I have always wanted to own a couple of small candle holders that an old friend collected and can't find either on line. Maybe
if I knew the nomenclature :redface: it would help! I have spent many hours searching the Net to no avail. husband and I are updating our will (just to be on the safe side) and I wanted to identify the one I own and verify it's a value a bit.

So...if anybody is bored. I have a cutglass/crystal (heavy) candleholder that is beautiful for special occasions. It has a center candlewell and then to each side it arms out to hold one more full sized candle. Here's the unique part. There is an arm that is placed below the middle candle and at the two ends of that arm there is a depository for fresh flowers (large enough for a few orchids or delicate flowers). I have used "candle holders with fresh flowers" as well as "crystal cut glass candle holders" to no avail.

What I have always wanted to own is called ?? (French one word name). They are small
candle holders (usually used on card tables at the parties my friend used to give) and the base has cut glass holes for fresh water where you can place fresh flowers. I've looked for those
for over thirty years. They come in china as well as crystal and are just beautiful.

OK. I have to put on my jeans and sweatshirt now. ;) Who knows...with our Board somebody probably is an expert on this subject too. Thanks. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Can you post a picture of it? That might help in identifying it.

I'm trying to imagine what you're describing but not sure what I'd call it either...

When you say "full size" candle, do you mean a pillar candle (about 3" wide or more)? Or a taper (10-12 inches, slender)?

Last edited:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
A picture would be helpful.................. I assume this is an antique? Any markings anywhere? French name .......... Lalique? Baccarat? Only more questions for you and no answers..................... sorry........................

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah....I'm no help (said from my bucket while at the kitchen table) but I did get help from the local antique shop, the fellars there knew someone who specialized in what I was looking for, and they identified it in minute.

nvts

Considering that I burn down votive candles in washed out tuna cans, I think I'd be one of the last people that could figure this one out! You might want to do a search for "candleabras". I found TONS of sites that may bring you to something close to what you're looking for.

Beth

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I really wish you hadn't mentioned that it was a French word. Now I'm obsessed with solving this enigma. Je me creuse la cervelle=I am racking my brains....It will come to me at 3 AM!

DDD

Thanks for trying to help. I don't have a camera and I can't find a picture to share on any of the web sites! I'm at work
so I can't look at the bottom of it. I've never noticed any stamping. on the other hand, I've only used it a half a dozen times at most. My husband found it in an antique store (he was trying to find the little french named candleholders) and recently for the first time mentioned he had paid over $300 for it.

We don't have any antique stores in our area. Surprise, lol.

I've thought of another way to describe the small ones. It's attached base is like a flower tree frog with multiple little holes to slide small flowers in to form the decorate base
for the candles. I think it's like finding a needle in a haystack! Sorry 'bout that! DDD