Just for fun....when I grow up I.....

DazedandConfused

When I grow up I want to be a famous children's author. I would write books that would inspire and mostly humor. Plus, everyone would wait in line for me to sign their book at book signings.

When I grow up my biography on Mary Tutor will be published .

I would read everyday to children and adults.

I would be a sought after speaker and lecturer on the importance of public and school libraries. My calendar would be full for years as I speak all over the country and the federal, state, and local governements would be inspired and SHAMED into funding our libraries in a manner that they deserve and are entitled.

I would travel worldwide. Every place that I could be reasonably feel safe and use my blow dryer.

I would own a house by the beach.

Steely

OK, so I just had to note, that more than half of us either wanted to own a bookstore, wanted to read in abundance in their free time, or be an author.

(Except you Star*, but you know, you are complicated. :tongue: LOL)

Seriously though, I think it is an interesting fact that perhaps many of our board members are not just parents of difficult child, but we all share the common need to read, research, write, and share the written word. Of course that is what brings us to a message board in the first place perhaps - but I think this common denominator is part of what makes this board special. We all desire to know more, to share more, and to communicate.

Very cool post Linda.
Which, by the way, reminds me. How are you doing today?

Andy

Star - I thought of your answer this evening. So true - So true:

The setting: It is now 5:15 pm. My husband has a bible study to attend at 6:30 this evening. About 10 minutes from home. I just called Applebee's Car Side To Go, also about 10 minutes from home to order food for the kids and I (husband does not eat at night).

Action:

husband: Can I take the van tonight?

Me: I am heading to Applebee's. I will be right back.

husband: So I should take the jeep? But Diva just parked her vehicle in front of the jeep and blocked it in.

Me: I will be right back, then you can have the van.

husband: But I wanted to go to Fleet Farm before the bible study. Can I have the van when you get back?

Me: Yes!

husband: I guess I will wait for you to get back. I just won't be able to go to Fleet Farm.

Now quiz time: How many of you can see the answers to this?

1. There is no way I drive anything but the van so if he wants the van he must wait for me to get back.

2. He can take Diva's car.

3. He can ask Diva to move her car (but really not an option in his world because you do not start a vehicle just to move it.)

4. He can move Diva's car (also not an option as stated above).

Yep, I would love to be a child again and let someone else figure out this extremely hard problems! "Mom, Help! Can you get husband to church on time adding his stop to Fleet Farm?"

All I can say is I definitaly know who my kids' father is!

Last edited:

svengandhi

When I grow up, I want to have an apartment in a doorman building in Manhattan like the one I had before I was grown up and another one some place where it NEVER snows to go in the winter.

When I grow up I want to be a parent advocate.

When I grow up, I want to love exercising and actually do it.

When I grow up, I want to pay my bills by automatic withdrawal and not have to worry about juggling my money from paycheck to paycheck.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I got that bill paying thing going....

I forgot that I want to be a world famous something - no, no, no. I remember insisting that I was Empress of the Universe to wm. That works for me.

I want to be financially comfortable (don't have to be rich).

I want to relax & dress bohemian. I really need a beret, goofy skirts & fringed vests. (Remember those!)

AND I want the confidence to walk out of this house with-o worrying about my appearance.

I think being financially comfortable might help with that. ;)

F

flutterbee

Sharon - the driveway heaters have already been invented. Sorry. :( And, no, not affordable to all.

When I grow up, I want to open a pillow store called, A Good Night's Rest, with top quality pillows for every physical complaint imaginable. I will have mattresses so people can try out the different pillows that they need in order to get comfortable sleep. So, someone can walk in and explain where they hurt or why they can't sleep and I can offer them a solution. They can test drive the pillows at the store. I will send brochures to doctor's office and physical therapists because when I asked my doctor what kind of pillow(s) I should get to help with this or that, she didn't know, so I now have a stack of about 15 pillows that have been purchased and didn't help or made it worse because I couldn't try any of them out first.

But, first, I need to learn how to write up a business plan.

Can you tell I have issues getting comfortable and restful sleep? This is what I think about when I can't get to sleep. Last night I decided that when I open, I will have an invitation only type event where I invite sleep doctors, orthopedists, PT's, etc, to come check out the store and see what it has to offer so they know what they are referring their patients to.

I have it all worked out in my head.