Just for fun....

crazymama30

Seafood Fettucine, made with 1/2 and 1/2 and real butter. Lots of shrimp, crab and scallops. Oh so yummy, but can only eat it about once a year. It is so rich.

klmno

Besides the southern cooking that involves a lot of fried but tastey foods- difficult child's favorite desert that he gets on his b-day....strawberry cake with-chocolate ice cream and cherry ice cream with- chocolate chunks in it. Yummy!!

Marguerite

daughter in law & I shared a dessert at the restaurant last Sunday; the dessert wascalled "Death by Chocolate". It had double choc ice cream (we actually buy that in a tub, it has choc bits and choc syrup in choc ice cream) then more choc syrup, more choc bits, a couple of chocolate wafer biscuits stuck in it - all served in a HUGE brandy balloon.

Another bad for you favourite here is home-made tiramisu as achocolate log. We get chocolate biscuits (choc flavoured, not choc coated) and a tub of whipped cream. A glass of espresso coffee mixed with coffee/choco liqueur. YOu dip the biscuits quickly in the glass, then sandwich them with cream. Keep dipping and sandwiching, until you get all thre biscuits into one long line like a log. Then cover the whole thing with more whippedcream and cover with chocolate curls (vegetable peeler and block of chocolate). Or if you want bigger chocolate scrolls, you pour melted chocolate on a marble slab snd then when it's mostly set but still soft, you scrape it with a spatula to get large, soft curls in long scrolls. Cover the log with that.

Or there's one of Australia's national desserts, pavlova. You make one, huge meringue in a big disk. Dinner plate sized or bigger. Bake it in a slow oven so you get a large, firm shell (my sister has the oven on the lowest setting then opens the door wide, overnight). Then cover it with whipped cream, then pile on chopped fruit. You should include mango, strawberries, passionfruit, kiwifruit or variations on this. Eat it quickly, especially if you use passionfruit, kiwifruit or pineapple, since the acids on those fruits will eat their way through the shell. Nexy morning it will be a puddle of liquid sugar.

Enjoy!

Marg

everywoman

Bulk Pork Sausage (crumbled and fried)
1/2 lb velveta cheese
1 bar of cream cheese
1 large jar of chunky black bean and corn salsa

heat together until cheese melts

serve with tortilla chips or frito scoops

donna723

I once had a wonderful recipe for homemade hot fudge sauce that was better than any you could buy! It called for REAL butter and REAL heavy cream, brown sugar and white sugar. Good thing for me that I lost the recipe!

One of my all-time favorites was a recipe for a cream cheese filled type of monkey bread made from canned biscuits and baked in a bundt pan. You mix about two cups of sugar with a little cinnamon. Take about 4 pkgs of canned biscuits (about 40 of them) and flatten them out on the counter. Put about a tsp of cream cheese in each one and about a 1/2 tsp of the sugar/cinnamon mixture and seal it up in a little ball - tedious but not hard. Melt an entire stick of butter or margarine in the bottom of the bundt pan, sprinkle in about half a package of pecan pieces and dump in about half the remaining sugar/cinnamon right on top of the melted butter. Arrange half the little biscuit balls in the bundt pan, then dump the remaining pecan pieces and the rest of the sugar-cinnamon mix over the biscuits, then put in the remaining biscuits. Bake it until it's nice and browned on the top. You have to be very careful taking it out - the sugar and butter make a bubbly syrup. With potholders over your hands put a big plate on top of the bundt pan and invert it very quickly - you may have to scrape a few of the pecans out of the pan and replace them. This is sinfully good for breakfast when it's warm but it's good cold too - you just break off pieces and eat it! They come out like kind of a cream cheese filled sticky bun with pecans on top! A girl at work adapted this recipe so it's a little less artery clogging but I just couldn't make myself do it that way!

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmmm... I've got two pretty calorie-laden ones.

I have a recipe for creamed corn au gratin that uses heavy cream, butter a bit of sugar and parmesan cheese. I usually only served at Christmastime when all dieting rules are off.

And I got another recipe from a girlfriend for Potatoes Romanov -- calls for shredded potatoes, sour cream, grated sharp cheddar cheese (or substitute a nice Dubliner cheese, or a gruyere), and green onion.

I also make a hot artichoke cheese dip that is pretty fattening (mayo, mozarella, parmesan and chopped artichoke hearts)

Donna, I LOVE the monkeybread recipe! A friend made some for us when husband was in the hospital and gave me the recipe, too.... mmmmm, I think it's time to make some MORE!

klmno

140-yr-old lobster

Yumm!!!

JK- I couldn't really stick anything moving and with eyes into a pot of boiling water then eat it - like some people around here......

klmno last seen crawling under bag and moving toward a corner.....

Lothlorien

Yum....anything cheesy and anything with seafood....and even better if it's cheesy and seafood combo....

Somebody give me a napkin!

donna723

gvcmom, I haven't made the monkey bread in years and now I'm getting hungry for it too!

I've made it different ways too. One way is to leave out the cinnamon and instead of putting some of the the cinnamon/sugar mix in the little balls with the cream cheese, use a little spoonful of cherry or blueberry pie filling! Or leave in the cinnamon and use apple filling. It's wonderful!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Made from scratch........... chocolate pudding cake. Seriously. It's so rich the vanilla ice cream is required just to swallow it. lol Absolutely sinful. Which is why I don't make it often. :D

Marguerite

My favourite author is Terry Pratchett. He's a British author of fantasy satire. One of his characters brought out a cookbook, "the Joye of Snacks". The character is a witch, the recipes are alleged to be aphrodisiac (or similar) but have had to be downgraded with the magic removed, to make the recipes safer to eat and reduce the liabilities of the publishers.

We've made a few of these, but the mention of Donna's hot fudge sauce reminded me of Nanny Ogg's Chocolate Delight with Special Secret Sauce. The recipe below is form the book, the "secret sauce" is a hot fudge sauce flavoured with cardamom.

"It has to be said right away that this lacks a couple of ingredients from the original Ogg recipe, because of the unfortunate - if you happen to be in a public restaurant, at least - effects that they can have. For one thing, you will have to pay for the broken crockery. Seekers after forbidden knowledge will have to find a copy of The Joye of Snacks that has not spontaneously combusted. People make a lot of fuss over this sort of thing, I can't think why.*

FOR THE DELIGHT
250g self-raising flour 3 eggs, beaten
60g cornflour 90ml milk
30g cocoa powder 125g white choc chips
155g caster sugar 4 - 5 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup
155g unsalted butter

FOR THE SAUCE
150ml double cream 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 - 7 cardamom pods 60g white or milk chocolate
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 20ml white rum

Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5 - 6. Mix all the dry ingredients for the delight in a bowl and then rub in the butter. Add the eggs and the milk and beat thoroughly. Swirl in the white choclate chips and syrup, making sure not to overmix (the syrup should give a ripple effect). Divide between two deep, 20 cm, well-greased cake tins and bake in the top part of the oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when testing.

Note: This is a cross between a pudding and a cake and should be moist. When baked, allow to cool for 5 minutes and, if not for immediate consumption, transfer to an airtight container ... hah, what am I saying, You'll scoff the lot.

Start preparing the sauce about 10 minute before the delight is ready. Warm the cream with the spices, taking care not to boil. Break up the chocolate and stir into the cream. When it has melted, add the rum. Keep stirring for a couple more minutes, then remove the cardamom pods. Serve with the delight fresh from the oven.

* See Maskerade for reasons why the editors insisted on certain ingredients being removed"

Enjoy.

Marg

DammitJanet

Gosh I dont know.

Oysters roasted over an open fire.

Scallops wrapped with bacon and then grilled.

venison wrapped in bacon and grilled.

the monkey bread

bread pudding with raisins and vanilla ice cream

all these are yummy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You expect me to choose just one?? Hahah = there are so many.

I love a quiche without any substitutions - one with so much cheese and eggs and cream it could stop your heart. Mmmmm.

My Pineapple Upside Down cake calls for nearly 2 sticks of butter, a lot of brown sugar, 3 eggs and rich buttermilk. It's delish.

easy child's mixed potato au gratin - omg. So rich and cheesy.

My sister made these appetizers for my birthday bash. Whole dates, stuffed with whole pecans and wrapped in bacon. After baking until the bacon is cooked and crisp, you drizzle with honey - those are to die for, you can't stop eating them!!

Red Velvet cake made with real butter (lots of it) and a real cream cheese frosting.

Chicken Cordon Bleu.

And the list goes on and on...

F

flutterbee

Scotcharoos

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice crispies
1 bag each of chocolate chips and butterscoth chips melted together

It makes my teeth hurt to eat. But, it's soooooo good.

And probably my recipe for fudge, but I'd have to dig it out. It melts in your mouth.

KTMom91

Shrimp Fettucine...No-flour Chocolate Cake...cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting...coconut cake with cream cheese coconut frosting...homemade vanilla ice cream...