Just for my own enjoyment...care to know?

DDD

What I'm fixing for difficult child's family Graduation party? As you guys know I like to cook and I've been under the weather for almost a month...cooking zip
of interest. So......for the kid......I'm fixing:

my baked wing recipe (molasses, honey, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, hot sauce

a new baked wings recipe (garlic, cayenne, etc. baked)
homemade blue cheese dip
final roll & bake (ketchup, vinegar and Tabasco)

shrimp (garlic, evoo, lemon juice, fresh parsley, pepper, salt) Chilled.

stuffed peppers (garlic, romano, oregano, basil, italian crumbs, cream cheese) baked.

deviled eggs, homemade potato salad, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, Texas toast (difficult child request, lol), sweet tea & soft drinks.

I may serve Dairy Queen Dilly Bars for dessert.

How's that sound????? Wish I could invite you all because it is going to be YUM O! DDD

Andy

That does sound great! I hope you are getting your energy back. Getting lost in the preparation of this may help you feel better also.

svengandhi

I'm a lifelong NY'er. What's Texas toast? My one son loves wings and is always looking for new recipes and your molasses one sounds yummy. Care to share it?

DDD

Yes, Janet. Ain't nottin' wrong with your long term memory! ;)
I can't remember the guys name. It's been lots of years. LOL DDD

I'll share the recipe.....unless Suz or Deb or Sunny share it first. I've lost it so many times that they all keep a copy at the ready for me. Yikes.

Yes, I'm hoping I feel better getting my mind on something I like.....like pigging out!:redface:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Please post the receipe - I was just looking for it the other day in the Archives and coudn't find it. I bought a hugh honking bag of legs/wings and its just been sitting in the freezer because I forgot to ask on here if anyone had that receipe LOL

Marcie

DDD

Forgot to reply about Texas Toast. It's a frozen product, so not my usual thing. Garlicy, buttery, sliced toast like you get at a BBQ place. difficult child loves it. DDD

I'll find the recipe...really...but Suz will probably beat me to it which is fine!

klmno

I wish you could invite us all too! It sounds delic- I can't believe you are making homemade bule cheese dip though. You must love cooking!

Lothlorien

sounds yummy. We have Texas Toast up here, it's just frozen garlic bread. You can usually find it in the frozen Italian foods section.

Lothlorien

So how did the party go? How are you feeling?
I'm feeling better, not 100%, but I'm on my fourth course of antibiotics (Cipro) and prednisone.

DDD

The family party is Friday night. easy child and her husband are driving down from Atlanta to celebrate and attend the Graduation Saturday morning. It should be fun. Ace (the paper eating wonder Boxer) has a new toy bone and a new toy to play with in the backyard during dinner. Lordy...I hope he doesn't decide to pop into the porch thru the screening. He is a big mess! ;)

Glad you're better Loth. I'm getting a tad better each day but after a month I am pooped and grumpy from being down so long. DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm a lifelong NY'er. What's Texas toast? My one son loves wings and is always looking for new recipes and your molasses one sounds yummy. Care to share it?

What's Texas Toast???:faint:(Just a hint...they actually have it outside of Texas. Aisle 11, frozen food section.)

Abbey

DDD

Wiped Out, here's the recipe for the stuffed peppers. Better late than never.

8 Cuban banana peppers (big, long, mild peppers) Slice lengthwise, clean and then toss or hand cover with a coat of olive oil.
Mix together and then fill peppers:
3/4 cup of spicy Italian sausage (out of casing, slight saute)
16 oz. Phil. cream cheese softened
1.25 T garlic salt
6 T grated Romano
2 t dried oregano
2 t dried basil
2/3 C Italian dry bread crumbs
2 T olive oil.

Place on Pam sprayed heavy duty aluminum foil in 375 oven
for 15 minutes. Slide oven rack out and top the peppers
with grated jack or other spicy cheese. Slide back into oven for 20 more minutes.

They were really popular. The meatballs almost took lst
place.

It was a wonderful party. DDD

Last edited:

nvts

Oooooo! As a fellow "NY-lifer" I started out making my own Texas Toast because they kept running out of it in the frozen section. Basically, it's garlic bread, but you slice the Italian bread and lay each piece flat on the cookie sheet (I usually throw parchment paper or foil down on the sheet first for easy clean up!). Mix your garlic and butter like you normally would, but then I throw in some mozzarella cheese and that shredded Mexican mix cheese (that they sell for tacos, burrittos, etc) into the bowl and mix it together. Spread it on each piece and toss it in a 350 degree oven for 15 or 20 mins. (til it looks done).

It tastes great and you ALWAYS run out!

Beth

DDD

I posted the wings recipe. If you do a search and put in wings recipe it will bring it up for you. Almost everyone loves them so I'm sure he will too. DDD