Just found you all!! I'm so excited!!

uncheerleader

Pollyanna
I am so happy to have found a place where other parents know what it's like to live with a "high needs child" of this type!! My poor boy has suffered all these years and we never realized how bad it was. Mostly because he was NEVER a behavior problem for us or at school. Just difficulty with school work and of course the dreaded HOMEWORK........aaaahhhhh....... I always had to cheer him on to do his home work "You can do it yes you can!!" I hate cheering!! LOL

But seriously, school pressure and an inability to concentrate on his work caused depression which he was smart enough and able to tell me about. I have always considered myself lucky that he was so honest about it and never tried to self medicate with drugs or alcohol. Well, over the last two years we have been through two other DR.s and one attempt on his own life, before we got a clear diagnosis and a great Dr. Now we just found out that he will lose his medication. benefits through husband insurance and he is trying to find job w\benefits. medications. can be very pricey. We are trying to avoid disability and medicaid.
Well, that's all for now, I will be back here often. This place is truly a blessing!!!
SAL

NOLA

Welcome SAL

Just wanted to say hi and let you know you've found a great site. There are a ton of parents that can lend an ear and offer advice when you need it. For me the best thing of all was to be able to communicate with others that can really understand how difficult life can be to have a difficult child - glad you are here.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Welcome aboard, uncheerleader! There really aren't words to describe how great it is to finally find we are not alone. So glad you found us, look forward to getting to know you more.

Peace

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome to the board :redface:

Good luck with difficult child getting a job with insurance. Travis has been trying since he turned 19.

BUT, some states have programs for low income people in need of medications that will assist in paying the cost, many drug companies have programs where you can get the medications for free. (just finding out who and what forms to fill out can be a chore)

And many pharmacies have jumped onto the 4 dollar prescription band wagon. So difficult child can check if any of his medications are among them.

Hugs

Sue C

Just want to welcome you onboard and let you know you will not find a nicer group of people. We're here for you.

sue