Just got call...Billie & Haillie in car wreck!

DammitJanet

Jamie just called me, upset as all get out, some idiot woman with no insurance rammed into the back end of his SUV that Billie was driving in Fredricksburg VA. Haillie was in the back seat in her carseat thankfully.

First officer on the scene is a cop that Jamie knows so he called Jamie to tell him what was up. Evidently woman is getting like 5 tickets. Billie swears they arent hurt and is being a stubborn mule and wont go to the ER like we are telling her to do. She is 5 weeks from delivery. Stupid. They need to ultrasound that baby...she doesnt know for sure if it got hurt. Jamie is ticked. He is also on duty and cant cross lines to go down there.

He is railing about how he is going to sue this woman but I pointed out that if she has no insurance, she probably doesnt own anything either. I said he has good insurance on his vehicle so everything will get paid and then if he wants, sue this woman on Peoples Court...lol. That way he will be sure and get paid out of that TV fund.

Sigh...its always something. I better get my bags packed in case this causes little micheal to come early.

lovemysons

Prayers from me too. I sure wish Billie would go to hospital and make sure Michael is okay.

Thinking of you guys,
Love,
Tammy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending prayers and good wishes.

BILLIE - THIS IS AUNTIE STAR - GET THEE TO THE ER.....GREAT NEPHEW NEEDS ULTRA SOUND NOW.

Okay done being preachy. But really - just to be sure he didn't bump his head or something like that -

Janet - BREATHE GRRANDMA.....BREATHE!!!

Nancy

Oh my so thankful they were not hurt. Give him a few days and he will settle down. It doesn;t seem fair when we do the right thing with insurance and then get hit by someone who doesn't and it's our insurance that has to pay.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Its a darned wonder they arent in more wrecks. He lives in one of the worst places to drive in this country...up near Difficult Child. Its a nightmare especially around rush hour which can be from 6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm. I have seen I95 at a complete standstill from Difficult Child to almost Richmond!

Whats amazing is that Jamie got his license down here in the boonies and had to leave 3 days later for MP training. They trained him there to drive police cars, ambulances, fire engines, even tanks. He got his first car in the suburbs of Difficult Child and it scared me to death to think of him driving up there! Talk about immersion and trial by fire! But he is licensed to drive just about anything...lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Prayers from Ohio too. Billie - go to the ER!!!!!! NOW, girl, NOW!

Janet - you're doin' great. Stretch & take a deep breath.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

mstang67chic

Going Green
Very glad no one was hurt but that girl NEEDS TO GET HER WADDLING SELF IN TO THE ER NOW!!!!!

If she still balks, ask her how she would feel if something IS going on that could be taken care of if seen early enough and she didn't go. If something were to happen, she'd never forgive herself. What time is Jamie off? Will he drag her behind in to be checked?

flutterby

Fly away!
She really needs to go be checked out to make sure everything is ok. Some things don't show up til hours later and it could be dangerous to her and the baby.

I know you know this, I just had to say it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending lots of prayers and hugs!! Glad that they are okay as far as you know. Carseats sure are miracles aren't they?

Be SURE that they get a NEW carseat. After any kind of accident a carseat MUST be replaced, even if it shows no damage. They are not designed to handle more than one accident and can easily have problems you would not see. Then if another accident happens the child is in a huge amount of risk.

Take the old carseat and use a saw of some kind to cut it into at least 2 pieces so it cannot be used. I know a lot of people in Cinci related to the R***** family. They are notorious for pulling carseats out of the dump and selling them at yard sales. Usually these are seats that have been in wrecks and are just not safe.

I hope Billie and the baby get checked out. If nothing else jamie should call the ob's office.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryJ2

Gosh, I'm so glad they're okay. At least, we *think* they're okay, since his girlfriend (Wife, s-i-l?) won't go to the dr. And I'm glad Haillie is okay.

And especially, that Billie has ins.

Good idea about getting rid of the car seat. Even when they look perfect, they can have tiny cracks.

donna723

OMG! It must have scared you half to death to get that phone call! So glad they're OK but she is very foolish not to get checked out in the ER! If something happened with that baby she would never forgive herself! With someone that's pregnant, especially that far long, I always worry about where the seat belts are going across and where the pressure would be if you had an accident! Maybe Jamie can talk some sense into her!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I don't have anything new to say that others haven't already said before.

Big hugs,
Suz

DammitJanet

Jamie got home and talked some sense into her...thankfully.

She went to the ER and everyone seems to be just fine. Thank god!

Wreck wasnt as bad as what Jamie thought it was either. Rear fender is toast and all his sensors are completely useless now but it will be ok. Glad he had the bigger Ford whatever it is.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Be SURE that they get a NEW carseat. After any kind of accident a carseat MUST be replaced, even if it shows no damage. They are not designed to handle more than one accident and can easily have problems you would not see. Then if another accident happens the child is in a huge amount of risk.

Take the old carseat and use a saw of some kind to cut it into at least 2 pieces so it cannot be used. I know a lot of people in Cinci related to the Rumpke family. They are notorious for pulling carseats out of the dump and selling them at yard sales. Usually these are seats that have been in wrecks and are just not safe.

I hope Billie and the baby get checked out. If nothing else jamie should call the ob's office.

I can't BELIEVE I didn't say that!!!! :slap: Susiestar is right....carseat needs to be replaced. Tell Jamie to check with his insurance company. More and more of them are including that in the repair costs of the car when there was a child in a car seat involved. If the insurance company balks at that, have him to go a certified fitting station (police, fire, hospital) and have them write a letter stating the need for a replacement seat. If he doesn't know of any places in his area, he can check www.safekids.org . He can find either a fitting station near him or a Safe Kids chapter in his area. Although with him being in law enforcement, he probably knows some techs already.

Marguerite

I'm glad they're OK. As for whether Billie needs to go to the hospital - let her be the judge. I know you're worried, but Michael was in the best place he could be, he should be fine. The worst thing likely now would be an early labour from the shock of it all. Hospital might be able to prevent this but only if there were some warning (such as an increase in contractions that they could then medicate for) but there mightn't be any real need to, given how far along she is now.

This isn't Billie's first, she knows her body. If you push her too hard then she might not own up to a possible increase in contractions and seek medical attention if she needs to. Let her make the decisions in this.

Besides, 24 hours after the accident, Billie's likely to feel very sore, and then she might be more likely to agree to get checked out. Her muscles would have suddenly tensed and you can really feel it a day or so later.

So give her space, make her a hot cup of tea (or her chosen hot beverage to deal with shock) and be at the ready, just in case.

I can understand the anger at the other driver and the anxiety for Billie & Haillie. You want to DO something, anything, to make it all better. Taking Billie to hospital is part of this. But sometimes there is nothing we can do. We can't go back and prevent the accident.

At Billie's stage of pregnancy, she should be seeing her baby doctor/midwife each week by now. Let the doctor know at the next appointment, or perhaps if she doesn't want to go to the hospital, suggest she give her doctor a call to let him know. It would save a long wait on uncomfortable hard plastic chairs in an ER waiting room.

Marg