Just got some bad news

DammitJanet

Many of you know I worked for DSS in a small unit...the fraud unit before I had to leave it back in 01. I had a very good friend that I worked with who was very special to me. Since I left we have kept in contact...well not really close contact, but we kept in touch through email or had lunch a few times in the beginning. At one point, she had a small stroke and I helped her out and then she had to move and me and the boys helped her out with that. When she moved after she retired from DSS we lost touch except for occasional emails or jokes.

I got one email a few months ago saying that she had gone into the hospital because they thought something was going on with her heart but I never heard anything else. Today I got another email saying that she had congestive heart failure 4 weeks ago and now they have found out she has a rare muscle disorder and they are sending her home to die. She has maybe 2 or 3 months to live. She is in extreme pain.

I am in shock. She is only 65 or 66. She retired this past July. I really did adore her. My boys loved Miss Barbara. Cory would run into the office and give her a big hug. She could always settle him down with her "momma look"...lol. She was so proud of Jamie when he went in the Marines and kept a picture of him on her desk.

Omgosh...I simply cannot believe this. Tears are just falling. I am gonna call her when she gets home but she doesnt know how bad it is so I have to be strong. For her. I told Cory and he cried.

donna723

Oh Janet, I'm so sorry you've had such terrible news about your friend. She sounds like a very special lady. Sending enough hugs to go around for everybody!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm very sorry, Janet. It's so hard to think about people we love in pain like that and not be able to do anything. I hope her remaining time here finds some relief from the pain and that she is surrounded by the people she loves. I bet she would enjoy hearing from you, even if you haven't been close for a while.

(((Hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I'm sure she'd be tickled with a phone call or visit. I'm so very sorry. Be glad you were informed while you can still visit and talk with her. I hope she finds pain relief and peace in her remaining days...as well as lots of laughter and love from family and friends.

Sending up a prayer for your friend and her family.

(((hugs)))