Just Got the "Official" Call... LOL!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Remember my thread the other day about the New Behavior Therapist and the math?

[Recap: State Supervisor hired an out-of-town person as new BT to work with difficult child after school on weekdays. *I* knew there was no way BT was going to be able to work those hours and make it back to her home in time to pick her own child up from daycare - but supervisor and BT seemed unaware of this impossibility at the meeting. And of course, we had to sign and file all the paperwork in a rush to this person could start on Monday.]

Well, I just received a phone call letting me know that they are very sorry, but due to circumstances beyon their control - New BT is not able to work those hours.

:wellduh:

To which I wanted to reply: No Sh*t.

But to which I actually replied "Thank you for letting me know."

So it should be another several weeks and then a new, last-minute meeting to hire a NEW, New Behavior Therapist.

So we get to do this all again....

Won't that be fun?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
This is me, looking so totally unsurprised it's comical...

This is you, same expression...

Took them a LOT longer to figure it out than it did you... Sigh.

klmno

LOL! difficult child's PO must have been the one to teach them how to write a plan and get it in place.

buddy

I wonder if klmno's PO and your State Supervisor are both single? They would make such a compatible couple. the wedding would never happen though... too many plans have to go right.

klmno

I KNOW it's criminal here because I've read it in the law too many places but it doesn't matter if no one on the state level enforces it. Which makes me wonder, can the fed gov even step in if it's not fed laws they're breaking, except in a generic sense like violating a kid's or parent's rights?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I don't think it's comical... I think it's criminal.

Well it makes you wonder how much taxpayer money has been wasted on this entire system - money that COULD have been used to actually help children.

I was trying to tally it up in my head today...the number of meetings, and sessions and phone calls...

To get on the waiting list - a state person drove 2 hours round trip THREE TIMES to interview us about difficult child. (2 hours x 2 hour meeting x 3 = 12 hours)

To get off the waiting list a year later - a state person drove 2 hours round trip THREE TIMES to re-interview us about difficult child. (2 hours x 2 hour meeting x 3 = 12 hours)

We have had FIVE multi-agency meetings (2 hours x 5= 10). We have had at least TEN face-to-face parent meetings with caseworker (2 hours x 10). difficult child has had at least SIX face-to-face client meetings with caseworker (1 hour x 6). There have been gosh-only-knows how many telephone conferences (1 hour each). Mountains of paperwork, text messages, emails (gosh only knows).

I've put in at least 100 hours. Between the meetings and the mileage for all these agencies they've probably billed at least 300 hours for all their activities.

And yet, in the more than two years since starting this project - difficult child has received only 12 weeks of actual "services". 120 therapy hours. And those "therapy hours" (if you can even call them that) consisted of the BT taking difficult child to open bank accounts and such...

What a waste!

klmno

That was another thing I tried to show in my letters- and another reason I thought taxpayers/general public should be more aware. But apparently the min a person describes a difficult child, no one listens further and they don't hear enough to realize why this money is a waste. It's not that our difficult child's couldn't have possibly been helped, it's that the people deciding how to spend the money they get aren't making common sense decisions, in my humble opinion. Instead of the gen public thinking money should be cut because nothing works with these kids, if they saw and understood how that money was spent, they might take more of an interest in reform.

buddy

Definitely criminal.

But... sometimes the only sanity we have is our twisted sense of humour. Because NONE of this makes sense.

Exactly.... no one really thinks it is funny I hope... but I have been doing the same with a friend of mine who called me to talk about the school situations (we both are using the same advocate) and we were both laughing so hard we were crying... It just gets to be tooooooo ABSURD

H

HaoZi

I wonder if klmno's PO and your State Supervisor are both single? They would make such a compatible couple. the wedding would never happen though... too many plans have to go right.

And the kid from that match might, with two hands and a map, be able to find his own behind. Might.

klmno

:rofl:

Let's hope the kid gets a map because if he/she is waiting on guidance or direction from those parents, it will never be found. And someone else is going to have to supply the map.

buddy

:rofl:

Let's hope the kid gets a map because if he/she is waiting on guidance or direction from those parents, it will never be found. And someone else is going to have to supply the map.

OH NO!!! Then there will have to be orders and arrangements to requisition that too.... and it will be a map of the wrong county and state! THEN we will need cps to be called and ... oh wait.... KARMA