Just Got the "Official" Call... LOL!

cubsgirl

DF - sorry I have no advice, but just wanted to say that you are much more patient than I would ever be. It is just unbelievable what they have put you through - and all the wasted time that could have gone to helping difficult child.

klmno

Are you seeing any good come out of these "services" (I'm using that term lightly)? I'm wondering if you've considered just dropping the avenue for help if it doesn't look like they are ever going to be able to do anything effective.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Are you seeing any good come out of these "services" (I'm using that term lightly)? I'm wondering if you've considered just dropping the avenue for help if it doesn't look like they are ever going to be able to do anything effective.

K--

husband and I want to drop the services because (let's face it), they are NEVER going to be able to get their act together enough to actually figure out ANY kind of effective therapy that will help anyone. But after reading the advice on this board - husband and I have decided to stick with it in order to cover our OWN butts in the event difficult child does something horrific in the next 15 months.

So that's where we are...

sitting in a front-row seat to watch the idiocy unfold...

klmno

Is there any way you can get them to put something in writing that they can't provide what difficult child needs, even if it includes another type program- or do you think they are just drainging the funding they have rec'd?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Is there any way you can get them to put something in writing that they can't provide what difficult child needs, even if it includes another type program- or do you think they are just drainging the funding they have rec'd?

I think they are all very happily cashing their checks and holding the line....thereby justifying to the governor the great value of the program designed for "helping" disturbed children by "keeping them in the family home" and spending as little on specialized programs as possible...

And NO - there will be nothing in writing that they *cannot* provide services (since they are documenting pages and pages of their exhaustive search for the right "fit" for the family)...the only thing that will be documented is the family's refusal to continue the program.

So from my current position...there is little I can do.