Just have to brag on Jamie

DammitJanet

He called me this morning because he was taking a test at college. That in itself is something I never thought I would hear come out of his mouth...lol. Tickles me no end.

I just very recently told someone that I had two kids who were gifted with above average IQ's - Billy and Cory were tested in the 140's and 130's respectively - and one son who was my most average kid in the world IQ wise. I think his score was like 101. He only made A's and B's in elementary school when on ritalin. By HS we were all thrilled if he pulled a solid C average. It was the best he could do.

Well as we all know, my average kid is my most successful kid.

I learned something new about him today while we were talking. He has ever certification possible at his level in law enforcement. He is not only an Animal Control Officer but he is also a certified sheriff's deputy. He teaches at the Police Academy. He is responsible for training all new recruits into his unit. He has to write up all the monthly reports. He oversees the shelter. He has multiple certificates in driving all types of vehicles. He also has multiple commendations. He is next in line to be the top dog in the Animal Control Unit. I know I am forgetting some things.

He is 29. He is married, has two kids and owns his own home. I never have to worry that he is going to call needing me, in fact its normally me calling him for support. Emotional of course.

I couldnt be more proud of him. I am sure the more seasoned of our members here remember him growing up. Lots of us were here when he went to prom, graduated HS, went to boot camp, graduated boot camp...all those milestones. Im sure you guys share my pride because he is your nephew. He considers all of you on here his "board aunts". He still laughs when he thinks back to how bad he got in trouble when I asked members here to write to him at boot camp. For every letter he got he had to do more work. He thought it was a riot.

Well just wanted to post something good since I have been complaining so much lately. At least I have one I can brag about!

DammitJanet

Well he has the height to hold it all...lol. He is almost 6'6" tall! I need to get a new picture of him in his uniform. He got a new badge and now its a star instead of the regular oval one. It also has his name engraved on it because of his position now.

I really cant believe how things played out with him. Knowing what he wanted to do from the time he was a little boy kept him on the narrow path. He knew that he could never do an inside job and he found the perfect one for him. Outside but not digging ditches. He has now been gone for 11 years and 2 days. Time sure has gone fast.

I wish that member we had way back then, Isabel, could see him now. Funny thing is if she is still living up there they could run into each other at the store and she would probably never know who he is. She was so good to him when he first ended up at Quantico.

helpangel

Aunt Nancy is proud too (saw this last night but still had steam coming out my ears, so unplugged my keyboard) hopefully in a couple years I can know what it feels like to have a successful kid.

Nancy