Just having a bad day...

everywoman

well, not bad really just sad. I miss my daughter so much. I worry about her physical health. And I worry about her emotional health.

Her last few letters have been more positive emotionally, but she is still in physical pain. She has never been very verbal.
She doesn't show pain. She fights it until she breaks down. She has always been that way. A lot like her mom, sad to say. Stoic until she falls apart. And she won't fall apart in front of anyone.

And I know that if she tells me she is in pain, she is. She doesn't say that lightly. She went for years dancing on a knee with 30% of the cartilage degenerated. She danced on pointe with broken toes. She competed in a dance competition at age 7 with a broken nose and cheekbone and an eye swollen closed. She has never cried with an IV. She almost let her appendix rupture because she didn't want to ruin her cousin's wedding. And most people don't know if she's in pain because it won't show.

And today I miss her so much. Our thing was to sit on the back deck at the end of the day and just talk---about everything, about nothing. And she's not here. And I haven't talked with her for more than 4 minutes and 40 seconds since Aug. 4th.

God, I miss her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
EW,

I drove over to the fort.........stood outside the gate - and yelled 'YOUR MOMMA LOVES YOU J HANG IN THERE."

I'm sure she heard it - was the best I could do for you both under the circumstances.

Hugs for your hurt and loss

Abbey

Spork Queen
You are very blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with her.

Exactly.

My daughter was supposed to come up this next weekend for a visit but they denied my request for days off. Long story. Big company event and they're already 42 employees short for the day. I am so bummed about that.

We can sit and chat for hours on end. I don't think a day has ever gone by that I don't talk to her by phone.

At least your daughter is reaching out to you. You can't get better than that.

Abbey