Just in here reading

I just wanted to say thank you to the wise regulars that post. I lerk around reading a lot of the time but don't post. I am bitter and angry and tired, going through what seems like endless struggle in this journey.

Your wisdom helps to bring me back to doing what I have to do to get on with it. Also, knowing others have been there and kept their sanity is priceless. This is a hard road, as you all know all too well. This place is a bright spot as odd as that sounds. One where others understand when no one in your real life seems to.

Thank you.

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome! It is fine to lurk - lots of us regs started that way too. This is a great board, and when/if you are ready to post more, we are more than happy to have you.

scent of cedar

I remember when I found this site too, Gran. It was a bright, sane place where I came for strength, and where I learned how to survive what was happening.

I am glad you found us, and very glad you are finding strength here, too.

:O)

Cedar

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Gran, I also recall finding this site in the middle of a very dark and long night of suffering over my daughter's life..........it was an oasis for me too.

Just this morning as I was cleaning out my office/sanctuary (one of the things I let slide for a long time while I was in deep detachment mode..............) I found this quote by Eli Wiesel, the author of the book 'Night' and a survivor of a concentration camp............

"There's a long road of suffering ahead of you. But don't lose courage...Help one another. It is the only way to survive."

I copied that out of the book because it made me think of what we all do here for each other...........and I am still most grateful to be here.

Echolette

Gran, seeing that others share your pain and your experiences and find humor or wisdom or just words of description is amazing, isn't it? I'm new, bt come here for respite as well.