Just left the ER

T

TeDo

difficult child went nuts here too. They hauled him by ambulance to a psychiatric unit in a town 2 hours away (a different state). He had calmed down by the time they left and he knows that he is going so they can get him off the Prozac. My problem is I can't afford to go there. It kills me knowing he is so far away in a strange place all by himself and I can't be there!!!! This REALLY hoovers!!!

Steely

Oh wow....it is fall isn't it.....all our difficult children are falling apart. You ca ask any dr or warrior mom, there IS something about this time of year.

I am so sorry.....to have him be so far away must be the worst...sending many positive thoughts you and difficult children way ....

buddy

omg tedo, what the heck? difficult child went by ambulance too. He just totally flipped out on me. no way we r gonna keep him on that lamictal. He calmed by the first er in terms of aggression, but he was still verbal...saying he is gonna fake that he is good and then get home and beat me up. I hated leaving him but he was already sleeping, I gave him a kiss and left.

Mattsmom277

Bad enough a hospital stay bu so extra sorry you can't manage the distance. It can't be easy for you. Perhaps it's a enforced rest period for you to recharge your emotional batteries. We are here. Hugs

tiredmommy

Sending {{{hugs}}}. Any chance you have a friend or neighbor that can get you there once he's eligible for a visit. Either way, I'd be calling the hospital's social worker to stress that you are not a neglectful parent but rather simply cannot afford to get there. Offer to talk via telephone anytime. But please get some rest. {{{Hugs}}}

slsh

member since 1999
Tedo - Gosh, hon - I'm so sorry to hear this. Many hugs to you. I hope they're able to get him stabilized and on a better medication combo fast.

Steely is absolutely positively right about the time of year. My difficult child always had an admission in October while he lived at home, and then he had a couple more while he was in RTCs. Not sure what it is about the change in seasons, but it does tend to trigger a lot of kids.

InsaneCdn

I'm wondering if some of this "October madness" has to do with Equinox being Sept 21... now, the nights are longer than the days. If you are affected by sunlight... the loss of those hours of daylight can be serious.

Thoughts go your way....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry, especially that you can't be there with him. Seasonal changes always seem to have a affect on us also. I hope you can find a way to be with him. (((TeDo))

T

TeDo

I spoke to the staff there last night before difficult child 1 got there. They are allowed to receive phone calls in the evenings. I explained about his anxiety and that I am his "security blanket" so needs to be allowed to call me when he needs to. I just hate that I can't be there. All I want is to get him of the prozac. We will be switching psychiatrists because the one we have, as good as she is, is ONLY available on MONDAYS so I won't get an answer to my question from this last Tuesday until this coming Monday. Now it is too late. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that. This may not have happened if she had been reachable to call in a Rx for a lower dose prozac to start getting difficult child 1 weaned off it 5 days ago. It is ALL just so frustrating.

DDD

Is there a closer facility where he might be transferred once they get an open bed? If so you need to check into procedures for assuring he is transported closer to home as soon as possible. Meanwhile I am sending supportive and caring hugs your way. I can only imagine how anxious you must be. DDD

keista

(((HUGS)))

I don't know what's worse, being allowed to visit and not having the means to go or not being allowed to visit. :sigh:

Yeah, a new psychiatrist is in order. Extra prayers and positive thoughts going our to you.