Just My Luck

babyblue31

:help:I can't believe it, Just when things are good and my stress level is down a little, I get in the freazer to get chicken out for dinner and realize after tonight I only have enough meat for 3 more days, And I don't get my food stamps until the fifth of June.... Thats four days with no food I don't know what to do.. Now I'm back to going crazy wondering how I'm going to feed my son... I would go to food banks, they don't give out any meats and thats what I need.. I would call (can call him collect) my dad and ask him to send me money, But he just sent me money last week so I could pay my water bill.. I know alot of people have been in my shoes.. I wish I knew what I am going to do any suggestions... Thanks

tiredmommy

Go to local churches and human services organizations. Explain the situation. They'll point you in the right direction.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Do you have enough meat that you could make it last? Either by eating leftovers or cutting down on the amount of meat per dish? Example: If you have a pack of hamburger for speghetti, use half of what you have and use the rest for something else. I make a homemade veggie soup with tomato juice and veggies. I generally put ground beef in it but it doesn't HAVE to have it. There's still plenty of nutrition in the soup without it.

I also occasionally fix potato soup and eat peanut butter sandwiches with it. (It's a family thing lol) No meat in that either but it's filling and good for leftovers.

If you need some, I'm sure we all can come up with meatless recipes that will still be nutrutious and filling.

F

flutterbee

Actually, peanut butter is a meat substitute (I mean in the dietary guidelines...I wouldn't recommend putting it in your spaghetti :sheepish:). So are some kinds of beans...legumes or something. Not that I eat legumes. Bleck. But, that's me.

babyblue31

Thank you all for your suggestions but I broke down and called home.. My dad's sending me money tomm. I am greatful that he will do that.. (I'm a daddy's girl), And he wont let his gandson go with out.. So not worried bout that any more THANK GOD and ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara PA

Eggs. They're a lot more expensive than they were a year ago but still the makings of a cheap meal. Fried egg sandwich. Scrambled egg sandwhich. Egg salad sandwich. Fried eggs. Hard cooked eggs. Scrambled eggs. Soufflés. Egg drop soup.