just out of curiosity...

nateisnuts

i know alot of us moms on here have some issues of our own....i went to MY neurologist on monday (i have fibromyalgia and am having neuropathy problems) and she prescibed me Lyrica for the pain and the burning/tingling/numbness. i was wondering if any on here had any experience with this drug? i know its fairly new, but i know its getting prescribed alot so thought it was worth a shot lol im on 50 mg 2x day for 2 weeks then up to 75 and then by that time ill see her again and if its helping i guess the dose will keep increasing, ive read the max dose can be between 450 and 600 mg a day. anyways wondering if anyone has been on this what kind of side effects you experienced and how long till it helped...that sort of thing. thanks again! :D

smallworld

I'm going to move this to the Watercooler because it's not related directly to difficult child challenges. I'm know posters over there will be able to help you out.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi!

I have fibro and have been on lyrica for over 2 years now. It helps a lot, though I still need pain medications and other medications. But I have other health problems too.

I do get some swelling in my legs. The doctor gave me a "water pill" to use when that happens. Don't take an over the counter one, the prescribed ones won't mess up other things as much.

If I get the flu or for some other reason can't keep anything down, I really notice a strange Jumpy feeling in my legs. It hurts. It is because I have not had the lyrica. When I can get the lyrica back in my system it goes away. Just a warning so if you get that symptom you can try to get the medication back in to stop that feeling.

for a long time it kept my migraines (lifelong problem) under control, but lately I need something else to help prevent them. If you have migraines it may be able to do this for you also.

Just for info, I am on 150 mg three times a day.

Anyway, I hope this helps. I think it is a good medicine for me, but I know others who have not had good reactions to it.

DammitJanet

I also have fibro along with assorted other things. I tried the lyrica but had to go off it because of some nasty side effects. I think it did help a bit with the muscle aches but the side effects were too much to take.

I hope it works well for you.

nateisnuts

what were the side effects you guys experienced when you first went on it? my main complaint right now is that i feel like im looking at the world through a fun house mirror. and im dizzy as heck sometimes. ive had a few people tell me if i can ride this out and get through the dosage increases that it will get better. i sure hope so cause nothing else has really helped.