Just saw "It's Complicated"

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh goody!

I'm off tomorrow-Sunday. It's on my *to-do* list. I'm in desperate need of something sweet and funny and the previews look like this will fill the bill.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
The previews look like it's a GRAB YER GIRL and go date.

DF said "Um.......notsomuch." I looked at him and said "WHO asked you?" ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it's definitely a chick-flick, but old married couples were also in the theater with the rest of middle-aged women :D I don't usually like Alec Baldwin, but he wasn't half bad in this. Meryl Streep I always enjoy -- total opposite of husband, so he would never agree to see this film since he can't stand her.

I think the only reason it got the R rating was the adult situations and some drug use. The language was fine and there was really no nudity beyond a lot of suggestive stuff and Baldwin's back end at one point...

I liked that it portrayed middle-aged adults in romantic/sexual situations, and fairly realistically. SO many films avoid the grey and wrinkled set, and hey, just 'cuz we're over 40 does NOT mean we're dead! Know what I mean?? That aspect was very refreshing. Somewhat reminiscent of "Something's Gotta Give" -- which was better than this, but tackling a similar theme.

Hope you enjoy this, too if you get a chance to see it.

klmno

Oh I'm glad you posted this. I saw the previews and wanted to see it but was wondering if it really was as good as it looks.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have to say, Streep really carries the show. Steve Martin has a secondary part... he is pretty hilarious at a party scene... won't spoil any more!

DazedandConfused

After not going to the movies in nearly a year, I went and saw Avatar at the Imax in 3D. It was okaaay, but too obvious, too preachy, and it ripped off too many other movies like The Matrix. I wasn't blown away by the special effects either.

However, thanks for the review, GTV. I think I could go for some "old people love" (That is what Daughter calls it with a wrinkled nose).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My younger two were in another theater watching Avatar while I saw this with friends. easy child didn't care for it, said the effects were o.k. but the story was not very good -- but difficult child 2 loved it (figures).

I also really want to see "Up In The Air" with George Clooney. That looks to be very good.