Just shoot me now...

witzend

On top of everything else, today I sent out an email with our entire company's (including the owner's) salary to a competitor by mistake. Then he wrote back to me and the boss and asked if I wanted him to delete it.

I swear to god I hope that it can't get any worse than this. I did mention falling and splitting my chin open and needing stitches on Friday, right? I just want to crawl under a rock and never come out.

InsaneCdn

Witz... I have NO idea what timezone you're really in, but its almost like you went backwards over the international date line 3 or 4 times and ended up back at Friday the 13th?!

Maybe you're subtly trying to force the move to happen?

klmno

I missed your post about falling and needing stitches in the chin....OUCH!!!

I know the feeling about doing something dumb at work though- I mis-read something last week which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't told a half dozen people before I realized it. Oh, well....I'll just have to bite the emnaressment.

Sorry you are having a bad week...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

You know how they say bad things come in threes? Bovine manure. They come in droves... But... The good news is... it's heading toward getting better. (I hope it's speeding toward getting better, after this last few weeks for you!!!)

DDD

Aw....sending caring hugs your way. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time lately. Hugs. DDD

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Would it make you feel any better to know that one of our corporate managers was having a rough time in his marriage and sent out a super-mushy letter to his wife to about 60 people in the company???

Nancy

OMG that has to have happened to a lot of people since emails became the primary way of communicating within a company but how awful for you, I'm sorry. I have made this mistake on text messages and have received the "I think you meant this for someone else" reply several times.

I hope it was taken as an honest mistake. Ouch about the stitches.

Nancy

DammitJanet

I have made the text message mistake or IM mistake SEVERAL times especially when I had several going at one time. Oh that can get messy.

witzend

Well, no response from the boss yet. The guy who got it by mistake wrote only me back and told me he would delete it. The boss is so self-absorbed and clueless hopefully he won't take the time to read it and won't know what I did - send his salary details out to the competitor. Ugh!

cubsgirl

I hope it only gets better from here - and that your boss remains clueless about it.

I've had several embarrassing email fiascos myself - I feel your pain......and hope your chin heals up quick. ((hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs))))) It was an honest mistake. A biggie, but hopefully your boss is the idiot he seems to be and won't realize it!

I hope your stitches heal quickly. I am sorry it has been a rough year.