Just so you know...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Liahona, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Liahona

Liahona Guest

difficult child 2 informed me that there are still 14 years until the world ends. :rofl:

(No, he isn't worried about this. The world ending is a good thing for him.)

2. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Oh, my. I won't even have the mortgage paid by then! But my kids will have moved out of the house. :)
    Any reason he thinks it will end in 14 yrs?
    News online? TV? History books? Nostradamous?

3. Liahona

Liahona Guest

I have no clue why he picked 14 years. Considering he is only 7 that must feel like forever. Maybe he has info we don't? ;)

4. buddy

buddy New Member

THAT is hysterical. Well, then...good to know. Tell him thanks.

5. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

:rofl:

Must be something in the air today. On the way to school, Eeyore told me that he was relieved to see a movie being advertised for release in 2012. He said that must mean that the world isn't really ending if they are still making movies lol

6. Liahona

Liahona Guest

I should tell difficult child 2. But with both of them on the spectrum instead of being reassuring it'd just start big argument.:bigsmile:

7. Steely

Steely Active Member

Oh wait - I was counting on 2012!!!!!! :) :)

8. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I still think the Mayans just ran out of rock when making the calendar...

9. keista

keista New Member

I think Jehovah's currently have an end date sometime before 2020.

10. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

With two "end of the world" dates already this year, and 2012 almost upon us, I'm relieved to know that there is yet another one to look forward to ...

11. Liahona

Liahona Guest

I'm willing to venture a guess that this one is the most reliable to date.

12. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Doesn't that coincide with him being an adult? Being an adult is a bummer...as we all know. DDD

13. Chaosuncontained

Chaosuncontained New Member

It will take me that long to get my affairs in order. I also have a few books I want to read before then. Better get started! LOL

14. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Mayans were taken out of context. (as usual) They said the life as we know it would end, and the new one would begin. Does not mean it will be a pleasant experience......but doesn't mean that it's all over and curtain call either.

Huge difference there. lol

And I'm still trying to figure out how on earth people can believe Nostradamus anyway. Even if the man had abilities, he is sooooooooooo extremely vague and words is so oddly that you can read anything into it if you try hard enough. The guy doesn't impress me much. There are others that do simply because I'm watching their predictions unfold.

14 yrs huh? I wonder if DDD is right and it's because he doesn't want to grow up. I never wanted to grow up unless I could go straight to being a grandma. lol (I was an odd child)