Just suspended difficult child's new Ipad svc

TerryJ2

:sigh:He's only had it 6 days. Poor guy.
His online grades have been going downhill all week and he's got 4 Fs in English homework and an F in Earth Science on the quiz and the homework.
husband and I said we wanted to see him cracking open his books every single day after school. We haven't seen him do diddly squat.
He said this was only going to make him angry and he didn't see the point.
I said, "It got your attention, didn't it?"
He said, "I've already been to the counselor's ofc every day this wk to talk about the teachers and how I don't understand anything and I'm AM changing!"
I told him that was great, a good thing to do, an excellent choice, but doing homework was equally important.
I also said that he's got accommodations for his 504 and needs to use them.
He shouted back that he wanted to do it himself.
We pointed out that if you keep doing the same thing, you're going to get the same results, and having a 504 and asking us for help at home, too, is NOT a sign of weakness.

Like I said, all fuel for that 504 mtng in Jan.

The Ipad will be restored to wireless on Friday. I'm not telling him that, though.
I'm just going to tell him I'll be watching his grades online for some improvement.

His girlfriend was upstairs listening to the whole thing. At least I got her to stay in another room. They are attached at the hip.

DammitJanet

Aww, gonna make him angry..lol. Funny, and that is supposed to make you give it back to him? Good difficult child, I guess it worked then! If it didnt catch your attention then it didnt work as a punishment. I dont think taking aways his stuffed animals would have effected him much...lol.

I can just see it. "difficult child, as punishment for your grades I forbid you from eating liver until they improve." Oh no mom! Snicker snicker. Wow, I got out of that one. No more working towards grades so I dont have to eat that darned liver!

Reminds me of the time that idiotic principal told Cory not to come back to school until he was ready to get a spanking. Oh yeah that went over well. He just acted like he was going to school every day and hid out in the woods and road the bus home at the end of the day. I had no clue for almost two weeks because I worked and he got the mail before I got home. They never thought to call me until they wondered why I didnt show up with him. What kid decides on his own to come back and get a spanking? Duh!

buddy

Well, just shows you and husband were right, that internet stuff is just not good for him. Well, maybe this time he will get it? We can hope right???

TerryJ2

I hope he gets it. So far, last night, he "got it" because he immediately opened his Earth Science book and went over the recent chapter with-his girlfriend!

Janet, that teacher sounded a bit like my mother. ;)

buddy

Janet the stuffed animal comment made me laugh. Q will say....why do you take that away mom? Take my ice skates away instead ...I really like them too (lol, last time he skated was 2 years ago)....

Terry, so glad he opened the books!

C

Confused

Hi TerryJ2, Glad your plan is working! Its hard to keep them away from it, and be able to do what they are suppose to. Even some adults it can be hard!!! :)