Just Talked To Janet

Stella Johnson

I tried to call Janet last night. She called back today. Her speech is still slow but she seems to be making improvements. She has a speech therapist working with her. She sounds so much different than before all this mess.

She's still in the hospital but will be back in the rehab part probably tomorrow. The rehab is part of the hospital in a different section so at least she is really close to a real hospital.

She's on cumidin (spelling?). She still has the clots in her legs and lungs but they think they are going away.

She's happy they are letting her bring in her own sodas. They only give her diet sprite I think. I know I would die without Cokes and Dr. Peppers.:D

She really misses the board and hopes they will let her use the computer when she gets back into rehab. Her son said he's going to try to find somehting to lock up his laptop so she can keep it with her in rehab. He's afraid to just leave it in the room when she is out of the room. She said her little post from a few days ago took her 20 minutes to type but she's trying.

Steph

Last edited:

Stella Johnson

Terry,
I haven't used paypal in years but I know one of my friends does. She has a debit card that takes money out of the account.
If anyone has a better idea please speak up. I really don't know much about paypal anymore.

Steph

tiredmommy

Ladies- Please take the paypal and donation part to pm. While I appreciate the good-heartedness of this gesture it can't be something "official" through the board. I'm sure you won't mind requests to help coming through the pm system. Send me a pm if you need a further explanation.

I'm glad that Janet will be attached to the hospital in the rehab unit. It makes me feel like she's safer.

susiestar

Roll With It
Whoever talks to them next, let them know you can get cable locks for laptops. They are fairly inexpensive and most laptops have a place to plug them in.

busywend

Thanks for the update. I am still keeping everything crossed that she continues to improve. I hope she can be home for the Christmas Holiday.

klmno

I just hope they really are keeping a close eye on her and those clots. She needs some relief from all this. I can't imagine the emotional stress, on top of the physical side of it all. Thanks for the update.

Steph,

Thanks so much for the update. Janet is always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad her doctors believe the clots will dissolve - Any idea how long this could take? How is her family holding up? WFEN

gcvmom

Here we go again!
As for the Paypal account -- I haven't used mine for a few years, but the way it USED to work (can't speak to NOW) was that you linked whatever bank account you wanted to it and you decided what to transfer from your Paypal account to your bank account. People could put money in the account through an EFT-type transaction from their own checking account. And all of this was free at the time. Again, I don't know about today.

Let us know what you decide to do!