Just Thanks Ladies

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was driving into work this morning....and I was thinking about the things that I am grateful for. There are so many. It becomes evident every day, more and more just how much more I really have to be thankful for despite what I think are my own personal shortcomings. You don't need to go far to realize how lucky you are - turn on the TV and there are pictures of children in Haiti and families torn apart forever. Flip through the newspapers, and read about last nights gang-related shootings leaving several young people dead.

Drive by the unemployment office on my way to work, in my 20 year old car and see people waiting for the doors to open to a crumbling economy. Passing the library where the homeless are beginning to gather hoping the doors will open just a minute earlier today for some much needed warmth. Stop in front of the Baptist Hospital and know there are really sick people in there. Kids in the psychiatric ward, kids and adults battling diseases I can't hardly pronounce. People waiting for news of a loved ones surgery.

So as I'm on my way I think about all of you, and our kids. Images of their faces flash in my mind and of your dogs, and cats, and rats, and birds, and your health issues, and your husbands, and your problems with your health,and your homes and your kids, and it hit me. I have friends..how VERY fortunate ..I have friends that care, that I'm involved with, that care about me, that post or email me if I'm not here, that call or text me if I don't come around or even if I'm just busy with my own life, or doing something for someone here - and I just wanted to say - Thanks. It's nice to be cared about. It's nice to finally know there is a group of friends in my life like you. It took you LONG enough to get here. :surprise:;)

I just wanted to let you know that today, as always - I'm thinking about you too. You're not just a cyber person. You're part of THIS group. I appreciate you very much.

Hugs & Love ~
Star

And how 'bout a round of applause for our Newest Moderator????

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

I think she is doing a SMASHING JOB.....:D
KUDOS TO YOU JANET.....
KUDOS to you all for being the best group of gals I've ever KNOWN.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
So now I'm in tears...

You know, I think I'm going to print that out, that was beautifully said. Before I found this site, I felt like it was all my fault, all of it because no one I knew had kids like mine. I was told that I should have been stricter, should have been less strict, etc...That was a load of guilt to carry around.

I also am grateful for you ladies. You share so much information to alleviate the pain, you all give of yourselves.

Plus I now know how to disable a vehicle.....

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Tears here... you are one amazing lady and friend.

FYI: Dexter is asking me to purchase him some clothes now! I have no idea why. He said he has some other dog he has to try to look good for! I caught him trying on one of N's hoodies...

julie

Okay for gods sake I can't seem to stop crying.Grateful tears, sad tears, angry tears.You name it i have cried it .I have been a member of this group for I don't know 2 maybe three days and I just can not believe how amazing you all are.I don't even know how to post things yet but I want to be here with u all.WOW.You make me feel better and not alone.I just wanted to share that.

KTMom91

I love you ladies!

And as always, Star, beautifully said. I just wish more of you lived on this coast!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dexter darling -

From the moment I saw your sweet, georgeous face? I have your pictures put up on the wall with the rest of your beautiful princesses. It has occured to me on several occasions as I've looked at you all, that such wonderful girls could only be protected by an angel, and there you were. A knight in shining fur-armor to ward off all the ugly fairies, and keep everyones bad dreams at least at barking distance from the bedroom. You are a true champion, and I'm glad you finally found where your wandering soul belongs. Your inner beauty is reflected outward in everything you do for your family. It's an honor to know such a brave and noble creature.

That said? I believe you should have any article of clothing you so desire. Casper barely fits his Dickie hoodie - it's a mans Small. We got it at the thrift store and it keeps him warm and cozy. Tell Momma Auntie Star said you deserve one. Just - make sure you don't get one with a zipper in it. (made THAT mistake when Auntie Becky told Pootie she should have one like Chester....OMG what a dork I was apparently I did not hear the part where she said no zipper. haha ) Pootie likes her girlie sweaters...not the pullover hoodies. Casper? He's really a fashionista. You should see his collection of hats. HE's quite the camera hog.

oh and Dexter - p.s. Whatever man in whatever park EVER told you that you were no beauty? Heres something to think about the next time you're at a park and someone says you're no beauty, but have a nice personalit? Have Momma fire back and say - "Well you know in my life I've met a lot of handsome and drop-dead georgeous people, much like yourself (dramatic pause) until they opened their mouths too." then smile and walk away. ;)

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Right back at you Starbie! :)

I've said it before, and I can't say it enough.........You all are my family. The reason I've been here for 10-11 yrs. (OMG I can't believe it's been that long!)

And yes, Janet, you're doing and fantastic job. But then I knew you would. :D

((hugs))

N

Nomad

What a BEAUTIFUL post.
I am so grateful for YOU.
Your sense of humor and believe it or not your sweet, wise mamma....cause you have mentioned her a few times and no doubt you share some of her wit.
And to know that she adopted you and you appreciate her and her love is very special to me (and you know why).
:sad-very:
Gratefulness is a wonderful thing...very cleansing, impacting and powerful.
It doesn't mean that we don't live in reality or see despair or sometimes wish things were different, but if we open our eyes, we can see MUCH, beauty, good and generosity.
Thank you again...sending special good thoughts for Star, Janet and Suz and the rest of our PE sisters and brothers.

DammitJanet

Star...that was beautiful and thanks. You have no idea how often I talk about you guys and this place. I think people believe I am a bit off my nut sometimes...lol. I get some strange looks when I talk about all my friends on this message board online and yada yada yada. It surprises me sometimes just how many folks dont "do" computer!

Like I have always said, this place is my family. Has been for the last 11 years and will be for the rest of my life. Sniff, sniff.

Star, both you and Janet are very much appreciated!

Although I don't post much , because I am so often clueless here in the trenches :), I learn so much from everyone here. It's just so nice to be surrounded by those who have walked the walk, and truly understand the big issues. No one is disapproving or pointing fingers like so many other folks out there who just don't get it.

Thank you, thank you,

Valerie

rejectedmom

Awwwwwwww Thank you Star. I feel the same way about you and all my board friends. You all were my friends when I most needed a friend and I will always hold all of you in my heart.

And yes Janet is doing a Great job as our new moderator! -RM

Steely

Thanks Star.........I am so glad you shared you insight today..........it is infectious.;)

I talk about all of you all of the time. I was just at a parent seminar where Matt is staying, and I wanted to plaster this website up on the walls. I knew every single mom or dad would gain so much from visiting us. It is amazing how healing not feeling alone can truly be.

I am struggling with thankfulness right now, and your post helped re-frame my perspective.
Hugs to you - and to all of you.
Steely