Just told I indeed do have a older sister

Mattsmom277

My older half sister, a product of my father raping her mother when her mother was married to my fathers brother, is indeed my sister. It came straight from her. She called me "hun". My world continues to reel today with emotions.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Words aren't adequate, but know you are on my mind and in my prayers as this plays out.

You are a brave and courageous woman.

susiestar

Roll With It
Wow. At least now you don't have to wonder if she knows. Does she want a relationship? What does seh think about his arrest? Around here "hon" is a standard and people call almost anyone that - even strangers. Cannot count how many times a cashier or waitress or other customer in a store have called me "hon" (short for honey).

Just let yourself feel whatever you are feeling. You are going through a LOT in a very short time.

(((((hugs)))))

DDD

What a rollercoaster ride! Sifting through all the information must be exhausting. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. DDD

Mattsmom277

I know hon is a common usage, especially online. Just brought me to tears since obviously she wasn't nasty or unwilling to communicate with me etc. If that makes sense.

She messaged me to ask what the charges were and what he had done, i responded with the charges so far listed, she replied that she hopes this isn't offensive but that for 35 year she's heard of him and stories and it did not surprise her. I responded i was surprised to hear in her small section of the family tree that there had been talk all of those years, even I wasn't aware of te scope of his offenses until recent years and always felt alone in it. She then replied how he had destroyed her life from the day she was born, how she was always the outcast in her family and how she hopes he rots and said she was my sister. We took it from there. She said she'd love to meet me and she had to leave for work and gave me her number and asked for mine and said she'd like to telephone me when she's done her shift. I will be spending a few days alone with my aunt at her cottage in August, an hour or so away from my new found sisters town. We are planning to drive there for a day trip to all meet and have a reunion of sorts. I darn well KNEW she was my sister, the resemblence is uncanny.

TerryJ2

Holy cow!
I'm glad she is so forthcoming. And that she appreciates what you have done.
Best of luck with-your future relationship. It was created out of force, control, and deceit. How ironic that you are recreating it based on caring, freedom and honesty.

H

HaoZi

Wow, I can't find the words. I'm glad you have each other in this, and I think it's messed up that she was outcast for something that was so obviously not her fault.