Just Venting, I guess

mekki

I wonder why it has taken my 10 yr old bipolar/Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified adopted son being taken into State custody to get the help he needs?? Why did I have to go to the State and say "I cannot have him in my home anymore" to get them to really listen? Why did it take him breaking every window in my apartment for someone to step in?

Now, I'm sure he's scared and angry in a new place (a foster home at this point, which isn't going to do anyone any good, including the foster home).

Still waiting for "approval" from those in power to admit him to a long term residential facility.

I am heartbroken, tired and depressed. But hey, I'm only the mom, right??

nvts

Hi Mekki! I'm really sorry that things went this way for you. It would be great if all of the states would realize that while they decide whether or not to approve residential placement, they're further traumatizing the child and his family.

It's a dam* shame! :grrr:

I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Beth

((((((((((((Mekki)))))))))))))

Cyber hugs, for all the help that they are. So sorry for your mommy heart.

You found a safe place to land. When you feel up to it, please put a signature in your post so we can get a better idea who you are (and learn more about your difficult child) so we can help you.

So sorry that you had to com looking for us. Very glad that you did find us. Welcome to the board.

(love your avatar!!)

B

butterflydreams

Oh I feel so much for you! So sorry it has taken this for your child to get help. Best wishes to you!

Christy

Wiped Out

Staff member
It is sad and infuriating that it takes the worst things to happen before much needed help is given. It is a shame that this can happen. I'm so sorry-gentle hugs to you.

mekki

Thanks for the support and welcome! I'm glad I found this place just when I needed it :smile:

I've been praying for a long time for some relief/help and sometimes, God answers our prayers in a different way than we expected. So, I'm going to "try" to keep faith that this will all work out for the best.

I added a little info to my signature ...

F

flutterbee

Welcome to the board.

I'm so sorry that this is what it took in order for your family to get any help.

Crossing fingers and sending up good thoughts that the approval comes through.