JUST WALK AWAY Star* - rant

Star*

call 911........call 911
Cause jail is nooooo place for you........

After FOUR years of waiting for a bathroom floor -
After FOUR years of saving my pennies and scrimping - getting someone who KNEW what they were doing to help me.....paying them top wages
After FINALLY hiring a man to put the joists, air return and plywood in the bathroom
AFTER FINALLY having a son that said "I'll take that tile out for you Mom - glad to do it" (actually more like 18 years on that) and counting on his help this coming Saturday - for my Mother's Day gift.....

I left this morning - happy to see a bathroom in progress. I've picked out a vanity - going to reuse a toilet - and found tile I can afford and will install it myself.

So imagine my surprise - when I pulled in from working all day to see a hobbling man with a cane, dragging a 25 gal. shop vac from the garage.

(thinking to myself - this CAN NOT be good)

And then to hear DF - who is IN NO WAY - NO WAY AT ALL supposed to help or start or get involved with this project - (um because he's had 4 years of being here every day and did NOTHING)

Decided to go in and take the shower handles off - and did NOT ----NOT turn the water off at the pump.....and walks slower than Fred Sanford -(not kidding) after he busted the handle off the valve......and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of water - went pouring onto my new plywood floors.......and down under the house.......into the carpet in the bedroom - all over the walls.......:mad:

By the time he got to the other side of the property to the well, to the pump house to turn off the water? Small lakes were running out from under the house. So he goes to get the shop vac, and pops one of his two bad knees.....shop vac goes flying....and now he's just mad.

Gets up, gets to the door -a nd here I come......in the drive - WHY does he need a shop .......OMG OH NO - WHAT THE .......????? WHY GOD _ WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO????

And as if that were not bad enough- he falls out the back door - (Because he took the deck he built 5 years ago down as it rotted and nearly killed me 3 times) and fell right out onto the ground, got up even more mad (I had to shut the door to keep from nervous laughter) and he tried to open the vent under the house to let some of the water dry out - and broke the dang vent.......then cursed the house, the jerk who built it and himself for being a cripple. Nice - I needed self-pity along with this.....eesch.

Then came in - and plugged the shop vac in the socket (um walls wet, floor wet, socket could be wet) and blew both the lightbulbs......and at this point? I don't know whether to laugh or cry or bury him when he's doing cooking from being electrocuted.....

But he's MAD.......HORNET type mad....mad for being cripple, mad for getting caught, mad for being in such pain.....mad for feeling so worthless...mad for forgetting how to do anything.

and yet I'm supposet to just say nothing - and you know how I KNOW I'm not supposed to say anything? BEcause he came out of the bathroom, hobbling, and wincing in pain, wet, sore, and looking for his cane - and said 'STAR........NOT A WORD..NOT ONE WORD."

After he left to go to the shop? I found 2 light bulbs and fixed that....looked over the problem and said - get a cap, some primer and glue - bring it in here now - and cap off this valve......well now we have to go to a store.....wet and mad.

It's obvious - he wants to help but part of me wants to say - YOU GO NOW.......and the other half of me wants to get all difficult child parent on him and say "WHAT THE H were you thinking? YOU Weren't THINKING were you?"

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH..............

Life with a man on mega doses of methadone is never boring.......and I'll leave it at that.

He told me tonight- he now wants to get OFF the methadone and get on some new medicine called GABA - any ideas what we're in for with THAT? Cause I don't know if I can take much more. ARGH.......lol.

(saying serenity prayer)

M

ML

I think some day this might be funny. Years down the line when everything is in perfect working order, bones are healed and spirits renewed. But right now, not so much. I'm so sorry. Love and hugs, ML

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*Looks around to make sure my husband hadn't snuck in to "help" df*

((((hugs))))

You controlled yourself better than I would've, I'm afraid. I'd have busted out laughing at the point of the deck thing.......but I have a strange sense of humor. Not sure whether it would've been because laughing is better than crying or because df was having absolutely everything go wrong on him when he wasn't even supposed to lift a finger.

Once your bathroom is finished, you'll probably laugh about it. Doesn't help you much now, though.

Yup. I think we've got us a Man Moon going on.

Passes Star the skillet and Abbey's sword, looks the other way........

I know nothing.........nothing.....

helpangel

I hope there comes a day when you can laugh about this :9-07tears:

not killing him will keep you out of prison, but any chance you could drive to a hotel? Flood insurance? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Please don't hit me or hurt me. But I can't help but giggle. Keep in mind I live in a fixer upper that is going backwards for the work that is supposed to be done in it. Hugs, and strength being sent your way.

beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oy. That's just unreal! Maybe Abbey can wave her magic spork and grant you a do-over for today... (((((HUGS)))))

nvts

ummm, eh-hem, uh -- snort --- snicker ---

Cricket soup anyone?!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry. Heading to the corner, but telling you as I go that (depending on your coverage) the resulting water damage would be covered by your insurance. Take a lot of pictures in case you decide to file a claim.

Hey! It's getting crowded in this corner ladies!

Beth

PS: Evie sends her love to Auntie Star!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

That's a good idea Beth!! Check with your house insurance Star!!

Now see.......I'd have never thought of that myself.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Star, I think you and boyfriend should learn to accept your failures with quiet dignity and grace

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-mO-WtVJo"]YouTube - Young Frankenstein - Quiet Dignity & Grace[/ame]

crazymama30

Star, I have a crazy semi crippled husband, but he can fix things. I will be more than glad to send him to you. You can even keep him.

Hugs. Take a deep breath, and do whatever it is you do to relieve stress.

witzend

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Remodeling! If you can make it through this, you can make it through anything! Just be glad that he is not the guy that you are actually relying upon to get the job done!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Just walk away. We don't want you in jail. I don't think they have Sporks there or let you hang on CD all day!

I think this is why every time I have gone into Home Depot the women have always had the better, more accurate and logical answer!

KTMom91

Please forgive me for laughing. I'm not laughing at you, really, it's the laughter of recognition. Hubby and I have been married nine years, and I just now got some cooperation on the bathroom redo.

Love the quiet dignity and grace! That's my very favorite all time movie!

witzend

Honestly, I think she might want to watch "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse". Mmmm... Cary Grant....

Abbey

Spork Queen
There's a new corner for 3Shadows. Congrats, girl...you made it. We're a charming and innocent crowd. (If you believe that...haha...I've got some great land in Florida to sell.)

Star? You never learn. You NEVER, NEVER leave a male at home alone during remodeling. It can only lead to disaster / divorce. You hand him his fishing pole, spork made lunch and a 20 pack of beer and drive him to the lake, drop his arse off, then you go back to supervise. Now, the downside is that he may not be there when you return...fallen in the lake, accidently walked away to another state...who knows. All you'll see is 20 crushed cans and no fish. The plus side is that your bathroom will be done.

Abbers

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG you guys are all so understanding and wonderful with quiet, dignity and grace......ROFLMBO

And after this? Forgot to tell you the funniest part. I decided to go outside and play with the dogs who were patiently waiting for their time. Get outside and it's been raining/drizzling - but we went anyway - whats wet dog smell after a flooded house?

And the phone rings - It's Dude.......He said "tell Momma to go outside and look behind the house." and there - in the sky was not ONE......but TWO rainbows.......(I took pictures now need to learn to stitch) ..........

Then Remembered the NOahs ark story and the promise of the rainbow - and I think - Yup.......YOU got 2 rainbows for YOUR flood Star.....

After that? I didn't need the Wearever and the sword........

I really WANT that day that I will look back at this an have a laugh......really I do.:sick:

Allstate? THEY ONLY cover things that are accidents - this was intentional....been there with them over this entire bathroom thing and they crawl under the house and look and then say - Well it's been like that for years - (SO?) So! It's not repairable under your home owners.....

Lothlorien

Sorry about your bathroom and the flood. How heartbreaking.

The rainbows....isn't that funny? I was so angry with my kids one day a few weeks ago. They were going at it with each other and almost caused me to have an accident. I got home and yelled at them and made them go inside to separate spaces. I went out on the porch to clear my head and there were two big, bright rainbows. You just can't be angry anymore when you witness something so beautiful, huh?

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Star,
I'm SO very sorry - I can't believe you didn't kill him but also understand why. I do hope this passes quickly and you see the light at the end of the faucet. Let's hope the rainbows mean something really great is coming your way. ((HUGS)).

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O Star--

I am so sorry! Talk about "it never rains but it pours"...huh?

We recently had some shenanigans around here that had me watching out my kitchen window at four grown men wading around the back yard as they tried to get an SUV, a full-sized pick-up, AND a tow truck out of the mud. Yes, all three vehicles had become trapped in the mud in the yard--it was absolutely pouring!--and the harder they tried to free the wheels, the deeper they sank....gouging huge trenches into the lawn.

The scene was so ridiculous I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry!

I'm so sorry about your new bathroom....

(((((Hugs)))))

--DaisyF