Just wanted to say.......

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know that there has been......

MORE than everyone's fair share of heartache, disappointments, troubles, stress, sadness, and anxieties lately. These things have not gone unnoticed by all, and they are not just insignificant things that mean nothing, or are troubling to mention to your 'board family'.

I think moreso during times like these? It's very important for EVERYONE to know that you are cared about, thought about - probably more than you know, hoped for, wished for, prayed for (for those of you with religious beliefs), wondered about, and in general - truly wanted HERE.

When the rest of the world kicks you when you are down? This place doesn't. When the rest of the world couldn't care less if you liked donkeys, or if your cat was skinny, or if your husband threw your petunias off the porch, or if you got evicted, or if your husband hasn't worked in a year, or if your kids were making you nuts or if you didn't have a box of cereal in the house, or your lights were shut off, or your husband is abusive, or your child has bowel troubles, or your dog passed away or you have to place your relatives cats, or the nursing home is mean to a relative you are caring for or your kid got a bad grade?

KEEP IN MIND - THIS PLACE DOES. WE DO and WE ARE A SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR EACH OTHER. WE ARE ENCOURAGING, LOVING, NO B.S., STRAIGHT UP....CYBER SISTERS....

AND YOU ARE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER.....

So if you need to reach out? I hope you do. Because today? I may not be falling apart, and I may be able to say - I hope you feel better or just some one line note....or I may be able to reply with more. Because tomorrow? I may need to hear it from YOU. And that's the beauty of this board, this family, this group.

Just wanted to say.........if you need me, or us.......

Hugs & Love
Star

tiredmommy

Thanks Star. I needed that. Pookie had a seizure yesterday and I've been pretty down. I'll be surprised if she survives the summer. :( Plus, I've been working on my mother's life insurance and missing social security check from July '09. And cleaning. I hate cleaning.

Just a bad week, I suppose.:sick:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know Star, I have been thinking of everyone here everyday, especially lately as it seems there is just SOOO much that we're all dealing with.

This was a nice reminder that we can always reach out to someone at anytime day or night!

Hugs to everyone~

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
As usual, Star... You got it right where we all needed it... And it is so true... Honestly most of the people I know in real life? I could care less if they like donkeys, if their cat is sick, etc. But for some reason here I do.

Even if I don't post on every thread.

Marguerite

Thanks, Star. That's why I posted those jokes for you - you and others on this board are on our minds constantly here. husband will sometimes say, "I wonder what Star/Linda/MidwestMom/insert name here would think of that?"

This site has boosted our relationship teamwork, when we thought we already were doing as well as anyone could.

Marg

M

ML

That was a really great post. There are times when I feel less that wanted, appreciated, valued or noticed. Thank you for this reminder.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Star, I do so love this place, it's like home and the people here are deeply cared about family.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thanks, Star. You made me cry. But, it isn't that hard to do right now because I have an abscessed tooth that hurts up into my eye and into my sinuses, where it makes me feel like I'm going to sneeze and makes my eyes water. :faint:

(((hugs)))

Things have been really overwhelming here. I needed this post.

muttmeister

Thanks, Star.
This is truly a wonderful place. We can come and bi**h and moan or come and brag on our darlings or share our grief and troubles and know that somebody is listening and somebody cares. I can't count how many times I mention to friends or acquaintences something that somebody here said or did and some people seem to think I'm nuts when I tell them about my internet friends but I wouldn't trade you all for anything.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, you hit the bulls eye with that. Thanks. There are people I know in real life who want to tell me their sob stories. When I mentioned my fear for my sick cat I got nothing. I ran into one person walking through wally world and it just triggered her to tell me about her allergy to cats. She didn't even say she was sorry that my cat was sick. I have known her a few years and am at the point I don't want to talk to her again. Ever. She said that it would be just one less nasty animal to make her sneeze. I couldn't believe it. I have never said anything about her 4 ankle biting untrained unhousebroken dogs. And I could have.

Ran into another person I know at the checkout. She walked away when I said that I was getting stuff to nurse my sick cat. No mention of it. She was too busy bragging about her bully of a child.

I always know I can come here and someone will care about me. About my kids. Even about my furbabies. Here the love and caring are two way streets, where even in my own family I don't get that in real life. THIS forum is my "real" family, in addition to husband and the kids and furbabies.

I love each and every one of you.

FlowerGarden

Thank you, Star! I rarely post but I do come often just to get strength to handle bad days. Usually someone else has already posted and gotten responses to what I am facing. Everyone is so wonderful and helpful here. I am so glad I have found this site.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You are all wonderful and I'm very thankful to have you and your ups and downs in my life. NO ONE HERE is invisible......

If you feel you are? Reach out.......

If today is just too much for you? TYPE AWAY.......

Seriously - this place could not be less judgemental.........and more helpful than 100 therapy sessions.

Open arms.....and who knows - you may even get to hear me sing my Wonky donkey song......

I was walking down the road and I saw a donkey hee haw........................

He was a wonky donkey.......wonkey donkey.......wonkey donkey heeeeee hawwwww

And he was gooooooood looking......mmmmmmmh.....