Just when I think he's so normal ...

TerryJ2

He's SO literal.
We were talking about how careful you have to be with-toddlers, how they follow your car if you leave for work in the a.m., follow you out the door, run out in the street.
difficult child asked, "Why do they do that?"
I said, "It's natural for anyone. They want to be with you, to see where you're going. Even dogs, like when you go out the door and they run after you and stand at the door and bark."
He said, "I don't bark."
ROFL!
He reins me in when I get too tangential.
:alien::laugh:

TerryJ2

Very good, Gcv!
Nope, he doesn't follow me to the door any more. He's glued to the TV with-his PS2 baseball game.
Oops, not literally glued. See, there I go again ...

M

ML

manster read a joke on his gogurt that said "what is the best kind of tree to store food in" and the answer was "pantry". Even though he knows what a pantry is he look stumped because a panty isn't a tree.

flutterby

Fly away!
:rofl:

It's funny how we forget. difficult child and I will be joking around and all of a sudden she'll say, "That's not what that means", and I have to tell her I'm being sarcastic.

And jokes....they are totally lost on her.

TerryJ2

Now, my difficult child would have gotten "pantry" if someone had said it aloud. Slowly. But in writing, I'm not sure ...
Sometimes my husband and I don't get the funny page comics and we read them aloud. That shows difficult child that it isn't just he who doesn't get it.

Andy

I bought my difficult child a joke book this weekend. Needless to say, we are being joked alot. He just read me one that reminded me of this thread:

What is the difference between a boy whining at the door to come in and a dog whining at the door to come in?

The dog stops whining when you let him in.

(Why can not my kids take a lesson from the dog?)