Just when I thought I had a good day...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I rather think both of those birds need to have their wings clipped.

Invest in a batterypack / charger - they are worth their weight in gold when you are standing in a parking lot, with your hood up, in 100 degree heat, obviously distressed and men just toddle by looking but never saying "Need a jump?"

Like most things in my life- I've figure out how to do it on my own. And this battery pack /charger was the best investment I made.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star,

I agree about doing things on your own. BUT...I am deathly afraid of power sources. Grills, gas ovens, anything electrical. Don't know why, but I am. Maybe I was shocked as a toddler and it fried part of my brain. Hey...I'm on to something here. That's a GREAT ecxuse.

Actually, I did see my sister be thrown a good 10 feet when she tried to hook up the old fashioned dishwasher that you had to roll around. She rolled it up to the sink, plugged it in, then attempted to clamp it onto the spiget. ZAP. It through her back so hard. I remember watching her wriggling on the floor for a bit.

So no, I'm not jump starting my car. I'd probably end up in the middle of the street burnt to a crisp. GPG is supposed to help me in a bit.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I got ya -

After cutting the 3 strand ground to the well last year with a bush axe that had a metal handle part below the wood part that I was holding and waking up on the other side of the yard? Still not afraid.

I electrocuted myself when I was about 10 with a hair dryer in the bathroom. Knocked out the power to the house and survived that too.

I do try to stay out of the way of lightining, but it finds me too - house struck by lightening twice and burnt to the ground.

I'm about as shock proof as they come.

Abbey, have you tried using a harness when taking the boys outside? Even when clipped, it just takes a good breeze to give them lift and carry miles away.

You'd have loved my house on the 4th. Five macaws in the front yard at one time. Three of them mine and wearing harnesses. Move around to the back and then the SO comes out with our CAG on a harness. SO, suprisingly enough had minimal battle scars from that little adventure. We also ended up having a female SI ekkie visiting.

TerryJ2

Abbey, your bird sounds like a hoot. (Excuse the expression.) :)

Although albinism brings blindness, it never occurred to me that it was a huge handicap. Sure, they can't drive, but most of those I've met can see a bit with-contacts and sunglasses, well enough to recognize their friends and family. And all are successful in fields that do not require eyesight. In fact, a local teen went to college to become a professional vocalist. I fully expect to see her on TV one of these days. :)

Anyway, cool stuff.

:highvoltage: I can't even imagine the thought as they won't let me handle them. Maybe that's a husband job. I'll look it up.

Abbey

My CAG hates women so the harness is a SO job hands down. Even he didn't have an easy time of it. hahahahaha

We're currently using the aviator harness for the 4. I first bought a Kaylor harness and like it but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are walking around with the bird in hand. Too easy for the Kaylor to be "unleashed" if you blink.

I think AvianWeb has the best prices on the Aviator right now at $28.00.

Good luck.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks for the link! I sent it on to husband. This should be a hoot to see him strapping this on to Blackjack.

Abbey